Mr. Walls for Mr. Basketball

Best player in the state? maybe.

Best player on his team? maybe.

Best senior in the state? I would vote yes.

Matt Walls for Mr. Basketball.

I don't believe that any maybes should be involved. Is he the best player in the state? I've seen Walls and Pettigrew play. I'm not taking anything away from Walls. He's a great player, but if you can only say that he may be the best player on his team, then he can't be Mr. Basketball.

I don't believe that any maybes should be involved. Is he the best player in the state? I've seen Walls and Pettigrew play. I'm not taking anything away from Walls. He's a great player, but if you can only say that he may be the best player on his team, then he can't be Mr. Basketball.

Not if the Jr on his team is the best player in the state.

If Pettigrew was on Scott Co's team you could make this same argument - it would be a legitimate question if he were better than Mackey or Walls... Actually, if we could borrow him now that E-town is out...

Mr. Basketball is for the best SENIOR in the state. Juniors - even if they are better - are not in the running.

Last year's Mr. Basketball was arguably not the best player on his team either.

If Pettigrew was on Scott Co's team you could make this same argument - it would be a legitimate question if he were better than Mackey or Walls... Actually, if we could borrow him now that E-town is out...

Mr. Basketball is for the best SENIOR in the state. Juniors - even if they are better - are not in the running.

Last year's Mr. Basketball was arguably not the best player on his team either.

And I agree...

Where does it say that Mr. Basketball is the best senior in the state? I have seen Walls and Pettigrew. Pettigrew is the best player in the state. Walls plays on the best team in the state. Mackey is the best player on the best team in the state.

If, indeed, Mr. Basketball is the best senior in the state, then our state has its priorities in the wrong place. Even though a junior has never won it, they should be eligible. I have nothing against the Archie Griffin rule.

Mr. Basketball should be the best player in the state.

And I agree...

Where does it say that Mr. Basketball is the best senior in the state? I have seen Walls and Pettigrew. Pettigrew is the best player in the state. Walls plays on the best team in the state. Mackey is the best player on the best team in the state.

If, indeed, Mr. Basketball is the best senior in the state, then our state has its priorities in the wrong place. Even though a junior has never won it, they should be eligible. I have nothing against the Archie Griffin rule.

The award is given, to a Senior and underclassmen may be talented, worthy of consideration and perhaps better than Seniors, but not considered for the Mr. Basketball Award.

Are you 100% positive STRIKE3?

I personally don't know, but I do know that if your post is true, then it should not be true.

If our athletic association can rule on a player that has not played all year and be ruled upon come tourney time, then our Mr. Basketball should be awarded to a player that has been the best player in the state all year.

If you're right, then it should not be called Mr. Basketball, it should be the Sr. Mr. Basketball.

And I agree...

That honor might go to Darius Miller from Mason Co. from what I've seen.

There are nights when Mackey is the best SCORER on Scott Co's team, but there are very few nights when Walls is not the best PLAYER. Walls is the guy who hits the majority of the "big shots", Walls is without a doubt the emotional leader of the team. He comes to play every night - even when his shot is off. I love both of these boys, and I'm glad they are both SC Cards, but maturity is what separates them right now.

Are you 100% positive STRIKE3?

I personally don't know, but I do know that if your post is true, then it should not be true.

If our athletic association can rule on a player that has not played all year and be ruled upon come tourney time, then our Mr. Basketball should be awarded to a player that has been the best player in the state all year.

If you're right, then it should not be called Mr. Basketball, it should be the Sr. Mr. Basketball.

Both the Girls and Boys winner, wear #1 representing Kentucky, in the All-Star games.

That's another discussion, on should the award be given to anyone but currently format, is for Seniors.