How long before Joey Porter is out of Pitt?

What's Porter's deal? I haven't been following the NFL too closely.

For what it's worth, I would love to have a guy like Porter play for Cincy. You love to hate him on the Steelers but you know you would like him on your team.

Love Joey and would hate to see him go, but this is the Steeler way. Plus, he has become a bit too high profile for his own good, and that's something the front office generally doesn't care for.

He's very replacable.

I agree 100% on everything you said. He's shot his mouth almost too much for them I think and if they start moving toward a 4-3 then it isn't in the cards for him either.

Everybody seems to really love Tomlin but he sure hasn't made very good hires as assistant coaches thus far it seems like. The Steeler way seems to be leaning toward spreading the field and I think it will be interesting to see if he will be able to hold back not going to the 4-3 which is what he knows down the road.

Porter brings a lot of emotion to the table but you have to wonder if it wears on teammates inside.

LeBeau is the guru of the 3-4, why switch a good thing?

I totally agree with you. The head coach is a 4-3 guy at heart that is keeping LeBeau for his 3-4. I just wonder if he will be able to stick to his guns or if his true passion for the 4-3 comes out.

If you remember Cower was an assistant coach killer when he came in and he grew into the role of head coach. I expect the same thing here.

I agree 100% on everything you said. He's shot his mouth almost too much for them I think and if they start moving toward a 4-3 then it isn't in the cards for him either.

Everybody seems to really love Tomlin but he sure hasn't made very good hires as assistant coaches thus far it seems like. The Steeler way seems to be leaning toward spreading the field and I think it will be interesting to see if he will be able to hold back not going to the 4-3 which is what he knows down the road.

Porter brings a lot of emotion to the table but you have to wonder if it wears on teammates inside.

Switching to a 4-3 requires a complete overhaul of the defense. It ain't gonna happen.

Steelers already won a ring with him, and I'm sure the Rooneys are sensible enough to know that another one may take a few more years. Like mentioned, they don't like to overpay for goods so I wouldn't be suprised to see them let Porter walk, then try to replace him with some younger meat.

Switching to a 4-3 requires a complete overhaul of the defense. It ain't gonna happen.

Yes it would be complete overhaul, but I am afraid that Tomlin will slowly turn us into to a 4-3 team. Hints are, they are going to look at all players for the defense not just the ones who fit the 3-4. This was quoated by Kevin Colbert.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07057/765050-66.stm

This would not have been an issue, if we had chosen Wiz or Grimm.