Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How long before Joey Porter is out of Pitt?

Featured Replies

Joey went the way of Lee Flowers before him, big mouth out the door. He and Cowher had a bond, but since Bill bailed, he had no one to go to bat for him. And I tend to agree with Jim Schue, Lebeau would be employed elsewhere if there were plans on Tomlin changing to a 4-3 and Rivera would be the DC. Steelers don't have the personnel to change to a 4-3 this season, however, after a draft this year and one next (not to mention Lebeau's contract up after this coming season) I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see a 4-3 in '08.

I for one appreciate all Joey did for the Steelers, but I salute you with a swift celebratory kick ala Joey as your cap casualty butt hits the exit.

  • Author

Don't be suprised at all if he's not a Bengal! That is his old coach:)

I felt like it was coming with him leaving Pitt and I really think the Bengals are the first option! Should be interesting!!!

The Bengals are not the first option. He's way too expensive and plays in a 100% different system. It's the same thing Marvin spoke out about last week...

The Bengals are not the first option. He's way too expensive and plays in a 100% different system. It's the same thing Marvin spoke out about last week...

 

 

:thumb:

 

Arizona might be a good fit?

So now Bengals fans don't think Joey is a "Jerk" and could play for them!! WOW!! I don't think Chad will ever be a Steeler. I guess it's all about who you root for........................ Good Luck Bengal fans...................Gone!

So now Bengals fans don't think Joey is a "Jerk" and could play for them!! WOW!! I don't think Chad will ever be a Steeler. I guess it's all about who you root for........................ Good Luck Bengal fans...................Gone!

He would still be a loud mouth jerk. But we could learn to live with it if it was a huge improvement. Like GT said its not going to happen but its fun to think about.

  • Author
He would still be a loud mouth jerk. But we could learn to live with it if it was a huge improvement. Like GT said its not going to happen but its fun to think about.

I've always thought he was a loud mouth jerk and that won't change. I've always loved his energy and that won't change. I'm still not so sure it won't happen though. We shall see.

Joey went the way of Lee Flowers before him, big mouth out the door. He and Cowher had a bond, but since Bill bailed, he had no one to go to bat for him. And I tend to agree with Jim Schue, Lebeau would be employed elsewhere if there were plans on Tomlin changing to a 4-3 and Rivera would be the DC. Steelers don't have the personnel to change to a 4-3 this season, however, after a draft this year and one next (not to mention Lebeau's contract up after this coming season) I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see a 4-3 in '08.

I for one appreciate all Joey did for the Steelers, but I salute you with a swift celebratory kick ala Joey as your cap casualty butt hits the exit.

 

 

I hope Tomlin is smart enough to know that Lebeau is a great Def cordinator and that the 3-4 is a better defence. I like the attacking style.

 

As for Porter, he will be missed and I hope he does not end up a bungal, but somewhere in the NFC.

I guess I need to change my wall-paper on my computer from J-Peezy giving the boot in the Philly game a couple of years ago.

 

:irked:

The Bengals are not the first option. He's way too expensive and plays in a 100% different system. It's the same thing Marvin spoke out about last week...

 

Agreed, I don't believe that he can play in a 4-3. He needs more freedom.

How about Dallas? They hired Wade Phillips in major part for his knowledge of the 3-4.

  • Author

He is a 3-4 guy but there is no doubt he can play the Sam in a 4-3. He was a DE in college if you remember. He has played with his hand down and up. I think he's a better player in a 3-4 but he would be an upgrade in a lot of 4-3 defenses (Bengals) as a Sam that covers the TE.

I really hope the Bengals land Grahm! He is in the mix but Denver is the likely spot right now. His agent told teams if they weren't going to give him 5 million minumum to not even send an offer. Right now it's the Bengals, Broncos, Saints and Vikes I think.

He is a 3-4 guy but there is no doubt he can play the Sam in a 4-3. He was a DE in college if you remember. He has played with his hand down and up. I think he's a better player in a 3-4 but he would be an upgrade in a lot of 4-3 defenses (Bengals) as a Sam that covers the TE.

I really hope the Bengals land Grahm! He is in the mix but Denver is the likely spot right now. His agent told teams if they weren't going to give him 5 million minumum to not even send an offer. Right now it's the Bengals, Broncos, Saints and Vikes I think.

 

Do you honestly want to spend whatever per year to have Joey Porter drop with the TE or into the hook zone in a cover 2? Of course not, it's teaching an old dog new tricks. He's never had to cover much. He's been primarily blitzing or man-to-man on the TE. However, every scheme has allowed him to be aggressive. A 4-3 would take him off the line too much, and have him reading and reacting. Straight out of college or a couple years into his career, ok. However, now, it's too drastic a change.

  • Author
Do you honestly want to spend whatever per year to have Joey Porter drop with the TE or into the hook zone in a cover 2? Of course not, it's teaching an old dog new tricks. He's never had to cover much. He's been primarily blitzing or man-to-man on the TE. However, every scheme has allowed him to be aggressive. A 4-3 would take him off the line too much, and have him reading and reacting. Straight out of college or a couple years into his career, ok. However, now, it's too drastic a change.

You need to read my post again. THERE IS NO DOUBT HE IS BETTER OFF IN A 3-4 DEFENSE!!!! He is one of the few guys that is good enough to play in a 4-3 defense. That is all I'm saying. Do you honestly think the Bengals have anybody better than him at LBer?

I can see the post now "Our loud mouth, "Jerk" LB Porter playing like Bengal. Lights Out!!" The more things change, the more they stay the same. Remember fans, players change teams every year and you never know who's going to be making plays for your team. I would not like to see Joey in Cincy but it could happen. I'm greatful he helped lead the team I'm a fan of to the BIG GAME and win it. He's a hack of a player and will help any team with experience and the will to win and some smack talk along the way.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.