Junior- "My Home's In Florida. I Work In Cincinnati"

gametime

Baseball is a business and is Griffey feels that way, that his right. With that said....I don't see any positives resulting from comments like this and which is another reason why, just because someone is asking a series of questions, don't always give a series of answers.

I imagine the bitterness, or lack of support he feels, is a result of both himself and his father, for various reasons.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's a little full of himself. I've seen (in person) the way he acts toward the "Cincinnati" fans.

I'd say, if this is how he feels, we need to ship him off to somewhere where the people are good enough for him.

Are we going to ship off Bronson Arroyo too? Did you dislike Rich Aurilia?

People, this is not new news. For the past 15-20 years, the city of Cincinnati has been full of a bunch of losers when it comes to professional sports.

It may not have been the best thing for him to say in terms of the fans who are paying to see him but if he feels that way, it's his right. I have never understood people's beef with Griffey. People act like it is their right to watch Griff 162 games a year and he has no business being injured. The guy has bad luck with injuries, deal with it. He hasn't been treated very well by the Cincy media or the fans. I can guarantee you that he didn't have thoughts like this when he came to the Reds. These comments are direct results of poor treatment and he has every right to exhibit that frustration, in my opinion.

It may not have been the best thing for him to say in terms of the fans who are paying to see him but if he feels that way, it's his right. I have never understood people's beef with Griffey. People act like it is their right to watch Griff 162 games a year and he has no business being injured. The guy has bad luck with injuries, deal with it. He hasn't been treated very well by the Cincy media or the fans. I can guarantee you that he didn't have thoughts like this when he came to the Reds. These comments are direct results of poor treatment and he has every right to exhibit that frustration, in my opinion.

Like clockwork, NineOh stepping up to defend his boy Junior.:laugh:

Isn't the poor treatment a direct result of poor attitude and performance? Now he's mad at us because it hasn't worked out? Boo freakin hoo. He's turning in to Larkin...

Like clockwork, NineOh stepping up to defend his boy Junior.:laugh:

The day Griffey is shipped out is the day I start taking applications from other MLB franchises lobbying for my fanhood. (Unless of course we can start making some legit playoff runs, then I'll reconsider.)

Nope. Never seen the same problems from them.

Well, here are some quotes from Bronson Arroyo that you may be interested in. These were in an interview shortly after Bronson was traded from Boston to Cincinnati.

From an article in the Boston Globe:

"Arroyo could muster little initial enthusiasm for Cincinnati.

What did he know about the Reds? ''Nothing," he said, other than the fact that he'd played with one Reds player, Dave Williams, in Pittsburgh, and another, Jason LaRue, in the Arizona Fall League.

How about hitting, a pitcher's obligation in the National League?

''No, I hate hitting," he said. ''I hate bunting. I hate learning the signs. I hate sliding. Getting yanked out of games when it's your at-bat and it's the sixth inning, second and third. But I've been there before. I'll go pitch for three years, become a free agent, and see where I end up."

Yes, it was a positive, knowing he could count on starting once every five days for the pitching-starved Reds. ''The only benefit," he said.

As for the town? Pretty dead, he said, from what he remembered.

''I'll probably end up hanging out with Youkilis's parents a lot," he said

And Rich Aurilia has made it no secret, when the Reds are struggling, that he's not happy. Is that really any different?

Injuries in most cases can't be prevented. I think in Jr's case he is sick of being injured as much as the fans are. I have set in the outfield quite a bit. Honestly some of the stuff that he hears wouldn't make me to happy either. BUT he does make a lot more $$$ than all of us and one would think with that kind of paycheck he could have a little thicker skin. Junior needs to understand the source and prove them wrong.

Well, here are some quotes from Bronson Arroyo that you may be interested in. These were in an interview shortly after Bronson was traded from Boston to Cincinnati.

And Rich Aurilia has made it no secret, when the Reds are struggling, that he's not happy. Is that really any different?

100% different. As the article states, this was right after Bronson was traded here -- not after being raised here and living much of his life here with his father being a local sports legend.

And I don't bleme Aurillia or any of the other players for not being happy when the Reds are losing. Who would be?