Junior- "My Home's In Florida. I Work In Cincinnati"

gametime

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When he came to Cincy that is as excited as I've been since Bench played. I even went out and bought a jersey. He was the star of stars. You couldn't have scripted a better story. Dad played there, Moller boy etc. I even remember seeing him as a kid playing in the father son game (I was young too).

The fact is that injuries killed him. Unfortunatly it's part of sports. It's not what he wanted, it's not what the Reds wanted and it's not what the fans wanted. It happened. I can see why he is frustrated and do feel a tiny bit sorry for him because it is his hometown. The majority of my feelings are that he is a MULTI MULTI $$ off of the game of baseball so I don't feel all that bad.

He didn't live up to the hype but he has been better than most Reds over that span.

I like him, Dunn etc but I really think the Reds will be a better ballclub when both of them are gone.

Boy how have the feelings turned. The same people who coming to his defense in past years are the ones doling it out now. Kind of like watching the Cannibals Convention in the southern Pacific.

A lot of people defending did so because of a sense of loyalty to the hometown guy. Now we are told he's not interested. So be it...

I've seen him not do it, every time.

Same here, a few years ago the local knothole youth got to attend a reds vs Cubs game. A lot of local kids got there early to watch batting practice and get autographs, granted most reds did sign them, Griffey signed 0 and wouldnt even look at the kids. I have a Sammy Sosa autograph from that game, he was more than happy to sign stuff for the kids.