Bengals Franchise Smith

gametime

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No GM would trade for Henry or Odell, they would gladly pluck them from the waiver wire but then the Bengals would be worse off than they are now. If Thurman does come back it's as good as any LB we could get in the draft.

I wouldn't give them up for free unless they break the law again. I don't buy it that nobody would take them though. T.O., Randy Moss etc there are guys out there with bad raps that get chances taken on them.

I wouldn't give them up for free unless they break the law again. I don't buy it that nobody would take them though. T.O., Randy Moss etc there are guys out there with bad raps that get chances taken on them.

TO and MOSS did a whole mot more than Odell and Chris with a lot less baggage. Let's keep those two in perspective...

TO and MOSS did a whole mot more than Odell and Chris with a lot less baggage. Let's keep those two in perspective...

Chris and Odell are young though with their best days ahead of them if they keep their heads on. Moss got kicked out of Florida State and Notre Dame before he ever played a down. T.O. has arguably been the biggest distraction in the history of the NFL. Obviously they were two of the top WR's in the NFL but their best days are behind them IMO where as Odel and Chris's best days are yet to come IF you can depend on them. The Bengals are so close that I'd rather move them than play the IF game.

I think it becomes more clear to me everyday that Marvin isn't the one that will take this team to the promise land. Don't get me wrong I like Marvin and what he has done for this team but I just don't think he is the one that can get us over the hump.

I agree 100%. I like Marvin, but I don't think he's the one to get them to the next level.:thumb:

Chris and Odell are young though with their best days ahead of them if they keep their heads on. Moss got kicked out of Florida State and Notre Dame before he ever played a down. T.O. has arguably been the biggest distraction in the history of the NFL. Obviously they were two of the top WR's in the NFL but their best days are behind them IMO where as Odel and Chris's best days are yet to come IF you can depend on them. The Bengals are so close that I'd rather move them than play the IF game.

Odell is stage 3 of the abuse program and Henry is likely to miss the first 4 games next year in stage 2. It's a simple equation. Keep them or cut them...

I can't believe how fast people turn on Marvin. Last year it was all over BGP "In Marvin We Trust!"

He can't go out and babysit men all night long. He can't be blamed for what happened to Pollack. He also can't keep Palmer's knees from being hit. I can think of a lot of other people that need to go before Marvin does! Remember while he is an easy target we don't know what kinds of things he agrees and disagrees with behind closed doors. That goes from personnel to punishment. He doesn't have total control of everything as far as I know.

Odell is stage 3 of the abuse program and Henry is likely to miss the first 4 games next year in stage 2. It's a simple equation. Keep them or cut them...

If you haven't cut them by now then it's crazy too at this point for nothing IMO. I still think there are owners out there that would overlook things to take their shot especially on Henry. Look at some of the Bengals draft picks. Some of them they knew what they were getting into. People in the NFL take chances hoping they can make them follow their way of doing things. They can't get past their raw talent. It happens.

If you are the Falcons would you swap a 4th rounder for Henry?

If you haven't cut them by now then it's crazy too at this point for nothing IMO. I still think there are owners out there that would overlook things to take their shot especially on Henry. Look at some of the Bengals draft picks. Some of them they knew what they were getting into. People in the NFL take chances hoping they can make them follow their way of doing things. They can't get past their raw talent. It happens.

If you are the Falcons would you swap a 4th rounder for Henry?

Teams don't take chances on guys busting through Stage 2 of the substance abuse policy. Again. Many would love to have both IF cut. No trade is going to take them off the roster...

Teams don't take chances on guys busting through Stage 2 of the substance abuse policy. Again. Many would love to have both IF cut. No trade is going to take them off the roster...

So there is no way in the world somebody like the Falcons would give up a 4th round pick for Henry?

So there is no way in the world somebody like the Falcons would give up a 4th round pick for Henry?

It's almost a lock he misses the first 4 games next year. So there are no trade options that are above waiting for him to be cut. IMO there is no chance at trading Henry for any pick in the draft...

Fair enough and I am not disagreeing with your thought process. I still think there is a chance if he doesn't miss that some team would take a flyer on him.

The Falcons were the first team that popped in my mind and it is appealing thinking about:

Vick, Dunn/Norewood, Henry + Ginn/Jarrett, Crumpler as opposed to what they have now.

I'm off to bed, it's been fun! Later man!

Good move, regardless of the price. It's not going to be a deep free agency for D-Linemen this off-season (like it ever is) so why not Franchise your second leading sacker? I believe next season they should work on an extension with Smith, he seems to be a hard worker who is always getting better, and more importantly hasn't been in trouble.