Kentucky Christian U signees list!

Mr. Freeze

I have seen Kasey Clark many times and I think FOOTBALL PRIDE must be watching a soccer, not real football. I have seen quite a bit of high school football on all levels in Ky and Ohio from Canton/Massilon to the Cincy area football when I lived there, to the sacred Louisville T, X, and Male and all other manner of algebraic equation schools in the state from the west to east and Kasey Clark would have been a 2 year starter on any high school team I have ever seen in the last 10-12 years. No matter the level, no matter the size, no matter the state.

Had Josh Grosse not been around Russell his Junior year he would have been a 3 year starter at running back. That said Kasey's bread an butter is at Defensive Back. He is a fantastic running back, but in the defensive secondary he is a machine. He hits like a linebacker, no matter the size of the opponent, and is always near the ball. He attacks the hole on defense with the same initial burst he does on offense only this time can snap up the nimblest of runners and turn them inside out. There were many times, this season in particular, where he was two or three plays ahead of his opponents who were playing offense. In the Belfry game he might as well have read their play book because he was always in the right place at the right time, and more importantly he had his teammates in the right place at the right time the defense just made play after play after play.

There is no doubt in my mind that Kasey Clark has the skills, the smarts, and the talent to play Division I football wherever he gets the chance. He may redshirt, may go the JC route, but he would play D-I ball and make an impact on the field, and maybe more so in the locker room. But if he decides to go 1-AA or smaller he will find quick success there.

If Clark has made any mistake, it might have been NOT moving to Louisville or Cincinnati during high school where he would get twice the press. But that's one mistake I am glad he made for selfish reasons. And no matter how it shakes out, one mistake I bet Kasey is glad he made, because he is a Red Devil through and through and proud of it.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the life of me, I can not understand why you would have this kind of attitude toward a 17 year old.

:thumb: :thumb: I 100% agree with this. I am obviously not from Russell or even a big Russell fan but I know a good football player and athlete when I see one and K. Clark is that. Hopefully blueblazer ad UKCATS fan will keep us posted. Best of luck to Kasey Clark.:thumb:

I have seen Kasey Clark many times and I think FOOTBALL PRIDE must be watching a soccer, not real football. I have seen quite a bit of high school football on all levels in Ky and Ohio from Canton/Massilon to the Cincy area football when I lived there, to the sacred Louisville T, X, and Male and all other manner of algebraic equation schools in the state from the west to east and Kasey Clark would have been a 2 year starter on any high school team I have ever seen in the last 10-12 years. No matter the level, no matter the size, no matter the state.

Had Josh Grosse not been around Russell his Junior year he would have been a 3 year starter at running back. That said Kasey's bread an butter is at Defensive Back. He is a fantastic running back, but in the defensive secondary he is a machine. He hits like a linebacker, no matter the size of the opponent, and is always near the ball. He attacks the hole on defense with the same initial burst he does on offense only this time can snap up the nimblest of runners and turn them inside out. There were many times, this season in particular, where he was two or three plays ahead of his opponents who were playing offense. In the Belfry game he might as well have read their play book because he was always in the right place at the right time, and more importantly he had his teammates in the right place at the right time the defense just made play after play after play.

:thumb: :thumb: Great Post TRR!! Maybe he was talking about computer game football or something. :p You know, the kind that you can play without desire, heart, dedication and most of all without any athletic ability! LOL.

1. Kasey Clark is a PLAYER, and WILL play college football at some level, whatever level that is remains to be heard, but he WILL be playing on SATURDAYS this coming fall.

2. He has proved to the state on two different occasions (2005 and 2006 state title games) what kind of player he is.

3. You obviously have a stereo-typical view of eastern ky athletes. We have produced "several division 1 athletes" from our area.

4. No less than "4" eastern ky athletes were starting on D1 teams this past year.

5. IN MY OPINION, I better state that before UKCATSFAN gets on me, he is better suited for Defense "IF" he does end up playing D1 ball.

6. Kasey may not be as fast as the players you mentioned, but he is bigger and excels not only on the offensive side of the ball but also on the defensive side.

I completely agree with #5, I think he best suited for defense also. I was just stating earlier that I thought he COULD play RB at a smaller D1 school.

There is no doubt in my mind that Kasey Clark has the skills, the smarts, and the talent to play Division I football wherever he gets the chance. He may redshirt, may go the JC route, but he would play D-I ball and make an impact on the field, and maybe more so in the locker room. But if he decides to go 1-AA or smaller he will find quick success there.

If Clark has made any mistake, it might have been NOT moving to Louisville or Cincinnati during high school where he would get twice the press. But that's one mistake I am glad he made for selfish reasons. And no matter how it shakes out, one mistake I bet Kasey is glad he made, because he is a Red Devil through and through and proud of it.

Great post!!! :thumb: Your last paragraph is very true. It seems like kids from this area don't get near enough press. He's very proud of what he accomplished at Russell and he wouldn't have changed it for anything.

In eastern kentucky....yes, hes athletic. Who was the last big time skill kid come out of eastern kentucky....David Jones....wow one kid.

He is athletic as hell... and a great football player.....Is he a Victor Anderson, Doug Boumont, or Justin Collins.....hardly doubt it.

Best of luck though....why doesnt he try somewhere like MSU.

Are you being sarcastic? I really hope so.

Football Pride is obviously a fan of Louisville Western. I'm glad you think so highly of Collins and the rest of the Louisville area. Just because you are from a larger city does not mean you have more ability.

But let me ask you this. While Clark and the rest of the Russell team were playing Mercer Co in great and very competitive state championship game, Where was Western? Oh thats right they had already lost to a Larue Co team that lost to Mercer Co by 42 points earlier in the playoffs. We can play six degrees of seperation and make a comparison that way.

Clark has proven his talent on the biggest of stages the last two years. I don't think anyone that knows football is going to dispute his abilities on the football field. Can he play college football? Absolutely. At what level? That is still up in the air. Where ever he ends up he I hope it makes him happy.

lol.

Like i said....great high school baller.

I guess time will tell if the legacy of Kasey Clark carries on.

but still.....The guy Justin Collins is insane. Along with Ronnie Dardin and Brett Norman. Western has the best Skill kids in Kentucky....no one would argue.

Who is doing this recruiting for KCU........they are doing a great job.

Who is doing this recruiting for KCU........they are doing a great job.

Dane Dameron is the head coach, he is local to Carter County where KCU is located. He played at East Carter High School, and Georgetown College where he quarterbacked Georgetown to a National Championship. He has coached at several local high schools, and is the QB coach for the Huntington Heroes - Arena football team in Huntington WV. Dane's father coached basketball at KCU for many years, he won two (I believe) national championships. Dane is very aware of the local talent, and has many ties to local high schools. Dane has hit the floor running and wanting to develop a quality football program at KCU, and imo is doing a great job so far.

Boy, I sure am glad that I started this KCU signees thread. I didn't know it would turn into this. Maybe I could rename it the "Kasey Clark Haters" thread or the "Kasey Clark is God" thread. Either one would show both sides don't you think?

In all seriousness, I agree with whoever it was that mentioned that a 17 year old does not need to be "bashed" (my quote). But on the other hand, a 17 year old does not need to have too high of expectations put on them. Kasey Clark is not going to be playing on Sundays in the future (I would love it if I ate those words in a few years) and should make his decision based on his desires for his future. He could go to a solid academic institution, play some football, graduate, and move on with his life and career. Unless you are NFL material, your college choice should not be driven by football. I hope that he is not being pressured by anyone to try to go "big-time" D-1 just to prove himself. He doesn't need to prove himself. He's already got the accolades and memories of an amazing football career. Wherever he decides to go, he may or may not add to those accolades. Either way, he will have a degree and will be set for life. I hope his decision is based on what he is comfortable with doing for his life's dreams and goals. I wish him the best.

I do wish everyone would have stuck to the thread. I think there are several people that got their feelings hurt when it strayed off. These boys that have signed are thrilled and excited to being getting on a football field again. They are nervous and unsure of theirselves and could use all the support we can give them. They do look at the BGP even though their coaches have advised them not too. I can only imagine how Kasey feels. These boys have developed thick skin but this to be one of encouragement. We grab on to one player and pick him to death. Lets let the coaches decide how they can use Kasey and the other boys and not let our opinions shadow their hopes and dreams. If the boys dont make it to where they would like to go then that is their pill that they half to swallow which is bad enough lets not go force feeding the pill to them