Kentucky Christian U signees list!

Mr. Freeze

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats true, but Kasey from what I have been told, does not even call them back. People I wish every kid in KY could play DI, and I am not saying he is DI or not. But if he was going to be at a DI school, I think we would have already heard something.

I don't think Kasey is interested in KCU and it's not because he wants a D1 school, he interested in the entire collge experience and I think KCU is just a little too close to home for him. There are other reasons as well but that's probably one of the main reason. I haven't heard of them calling him lately, I know they've sent some stuff and have called in the past. Things may change later but I think that's where he's at now. This whole process seems to change from hour to hour.

Thats true, but Kasey from what I have been told, does not even call them back. People I wish every kid in KY could play DI, and I am not saying he is DI or not. But if he was going to be at a DI school, I think we would have already heard something.

Not every kid signs a D-1 or any LOI in the first weeks of the signing period. There are very many reason why they do not and most have already been discussed here so I will not bring them up again.

One thing is for certain. Where ever Kasey Clark chooses to play football, that program is getting a heck of a football player and a great young man. I wish him the best of luck and hope he has a great college experience.

Almost All kids playing D-1, would have signed there letter....well not just D-1.....any football....schools want you to be committed by now.

Kasey Clark is a great high school football player....but when push comes to shove, he is just isnt Athletic enough to play college football. Then on Defense, He seems to be undersized to play college linebacker. I'm no scout or espn telent coach, but School just want certain things.

Almost All kids playing D-1, would have signed there letter....well not just D-1.....any football....schools want you to be committed by now.

Kasey Clark is a great high school football player....but when push comes to shove, he is just isnt Athletic enough to play college football. Then on Defense, He seems to be undersized to play college linebacker. I'm no scout or espn telent coach, but School just want certain things.

Oh no you've done it now! :scared: I'm glad UKCATSFAN hasn't seen this yet! :lol:

Honestly I think Kasey put all of his eggs into 1 basket in trying to go D1. Before UKCATSFAN jumps all over me let me say that I think he can play D1, Kasey is a very athletic and talented football player. But D1 football just isn't for everybody, but I heard from a very close source that Kasey would get letters and questionairre cards from smaller schools but he had his mind set on going D1 he didn't bother to fill them out or write a letter back to the schools, just threw them away.

I personally think that playing college football at any level in quite a honor. It takes more then just talent to get a D1 scholarship. I think playing D1AA, D2, D3, or NAIA is quite an accomplishment. That is why I get excited to hear about local players getting scholarships, at any level.

I have discussed this topic with many college coaches, D1 through NAIA, and there are advantages to playing at D1 and there are advantages to playing at the smaller levels as well. Some time the D3 and NAIA schools can get you more money for college and provide a better academic setting.

I know of several players who have went to D3 and NAIA schools, like Thomas Moore and the school has gotten them money for college and provides them with all the help they need (and beyond) to make sure they make the grades. Plus, when they graduate putting Thomas Moore on an application for graduate school or resume will look impressive. The same can be said for Centre College, people who could not otherwise afford going to Centre can go there and put Centre on their resume.

We all want to see players from our school get a D1 scholarship, but we should be just as excited to see them get a D3 scholarship. They are still going to have the chance to play college football and get a free education, or at least an education at a reduced cost. And they will remember their college experience for the rest of their lives.

I personally think that playing college football at any level in quite a honor. It takes more then just talent to get a D1 scholarship. I think playing D1AA, D2, D3, or NAIA is quite an accomplishment. That is why I get excited to hear about local players getting scholarships, at any level.

I have discussed this topic with many college coaches, D1 through NAIA, and there are advantages to playing at D1 and there are advantages to playing at the smaller levels as well. Some time the D3 and NAIA schools can get you more money for college and provide a better academic setting.

I know of several players who have went to D3 and NAIA schools, like Thomas Moore and the school has gotten them money for college and provides them with all the help they need (and beyond) to make sure they make the grades. Plus, when they graduate putting Thomas Moore on an application for graduate school or resume will look impressive. The same can be said for Centre College, people who could not otherwise afford going to Centre can go there and put Centre on their resume.

We all want to see players from our school get a D1 scholarship, but we should be just as excited to see them get a D3 scholarship. They are still going to have the chance to play college football and get a free education, or at least an education at a reduced cost. And they will remember their college experience for the rest of their lives.

Agreed. It is quite an honor for any athlete to receive a college scholarship - no matter what division.

I never said it wasn't. The smaller schools IMO give you a better education because of the smaller class sizes and more individual attention a student gets. And that's the main point with these kids signing, it's continuing your education. But we all know that playing D1 is a kids dream, national tv, 100,000+ fans, maximum exposure all over the nation. But not all kids are fit to go D1.

Before UKCATSFAN get a hold of this let me put my two cents in. "Almost" being the key word and Athleticism is not the question.

To say "he isn't athletic enought to play college football" means you have not seen him play. He was the best player on the field in the last two AA state title games.

D1? maybe, maybe not. I do think he has his heart set on some things that are delaying the process. I heard he visited a couple of schools this week. I hope everything works out for him. He can play.

As far as KCU is concerned, they have signed some pretty good players thus far and it would be a great place to start something that could grow larger and really benefit the NE KY area. I don't think it would be a bad choice for anyone that wants to continue to play football at the next level.

Before UKCATSFAN get a hold of this let me put my two cents in. "Almost" being the key word and Athleticism is not the question.

To say "he isn't athletic enought to play college football" means you have not seen him play. He was the best player on the field in the last two AA state title games.

D1? maybe, maybe not. I do think he has his heart set on some things that are delaying the process. I heard he visited a couple of schools this week. I hope everything works out for him. He can play.

As far as KCU is concerned, they have signed some pretty good players thus far and it would be a great place to start something that could grow larger and really benefit the NE KY area. I don't think it would be a bad choice for anyone that wants to continue to play football at the next level.

Kasey is an outstanding player and was the best at his position in that game. I'm not going to say that Chris Lewis is better , but he was as good as anyone on the field this year.