Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Christian U signees list!

Featured Replies

Kasey is an outstanding player and was the best at his position in that game. I'm not going to say that Chris Lewis is better , but he was as good as anyone on the field this year.

 

Chris Lewis is a great LB. I have enjoyed watching him each of the last two years. He is much like Josh Wills from Russell. Wills intensity and instincts are second to none.

 

The thing that seperates Clark IMO is his ability to do so many different things. He is as good on the blitz as he is in pass coverage. He has great hand and is just as good if not better as a reciever as he is at RB.

  • Replies 240
  • Views 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Almost All kids playing D-1, would have signed there letter....well not just D-1.....any football....schools want you to be committed by now.

 

Kasey Clark is a great high school football player....but when push comes to shove, he is just isnt Athletic enough to play college football. Then on Defense, He seems to be undersized to play college linebacker. I'm no scout or espn telent coach, but School just want certain things.

1. For the first part of your post imo you are very wrong. A lot of kids have already signerd/commited but certainly not all. I have no idea where you got that from.

 

2. Kasey Clark is a great football player, you got that one right.

 

3. You said undersized to play college LB, the schools that I have heard that have been talking to him aren't interested in him as a linebacker. I don't believe that has ever been mentioned on here. From all I have heard from peopole that would know is they are interested in him as a DB and possibly reciever or running back but mostly as a DB.

 

4. As I have stated before, I certainly hope that some kids don't take posters on bgp seriously that say they "just can't play" at ther next level. Like you said, you are no scout so my only suggestion (in all due respect to you) would be to support him, wish him well and not say what he is or is not capable of doing.

  • Author

In my humble opinion, Kasey Clark is perfect to play safety in college. He's too small for linebacker, too slow for cornerback. I didn't say he was slow before anyone jumps on me. He's just not fast enough for DB. He definitely has the hands for DB just not the speed. That's why safety is perfect. He has enough speed and good hands to help out the corners and would be a perfect size for putting the big hits on receivers up the middle. If he can show a mean streak, he could be a John Lynch-type player.

If I was Kasey Clark I would look the JUCO or Prep School Route. I think he is a good enough athlete to play D-1 but there are concerns why colleges don't offer (speed). So, he could go to one of the mentioned above and prove himself. Once he does that he will receive the scholarship offers that his abilities merit. Point in reference, a TE for Kentucky was recruited as a high school senior (D-1 & D-1AA), but no offers. Recruiters said there was question about his abilities (he was very raw). He went to Hargrave Military Academy for one semester, proved himself and got offers from North Carolina State, Alabama, & Kentucky, along with really high interests from Florida State and a few other big name schools. JUCO you can do the same thing (less expensive, but counts against your eligibility). This kid had no offers to three or more offers from D-1 schools by going this path. I wish I was more knowledgeable about the options I could have taken when it came time for me to choose schools to go and play for. I would like to see Kasey take this route, he may or may not get better offers but at least it will give him 1 or 2 more years to show case his talents. Good Luck to what ever you choose Kasey.

Honestly I think Kasey put all of his eggs into 1 basket in trying to go D1. Before UKCATSFAN jumps all over me let me say that I think he can play D1, Kasey is a very athletic and talented football player. But D1 football just isn't for everybody, but I heard from a very close source that Kasey would get letters and questionairre cards from smaller schools but he had his mind set on going D1 he didn't bother to fill them out or write a letter back to the schools, just threw them away.

He never threw anything away he filled them all out and sent them back. Kasey just wants to plat footbal he actually spent Sunday-Tuesday visiting three different schools. He will make a decision soon, and really he has decided he is in the final process of working out details, I will keep you posted!

Honestly I think Kasey put all of his eggs into 1 basket in trying to go D1. Before UKCATSFAN jumps all over me let me say that I think he can play D1, Kasey is a very athletic and talented football player. But D1 football just isn't for everybody, but I heard from a very close source that Kasey would get letters and questionairre cards from smaller schools but he had his mind set on going D1 he didn't bother to fill them out or write a letter back to the schools, just threw them away.

 

That's not true at all, he's never thrown anything away. He has not overlooked any of the smaller schools. Sure he wanted to test the D1 water but he was honest with the other schools about that. He just got back from visiting 3 different schools who I won't mention just yet and he'll probably make his decision in the near future.

He never threw anything away he filled them all out and sent them back. Kasey just wants to plat footbal he actually spent Sunday-Tuesday visiting three different schools. He will make a decision soon, and really he has decided he is in the final process of working out details, I will keep you posted!

:thumb:

Almost All kids playing D-1, would have signed there letter....well not just D-1.....any football....schools want you to be committed by now.

 

Kasey Clark is a great high school football player....but when push comes to shove, he is just isnt Athletic enough to play college football. Then on Defense, He seems to be undersized to play college linebacker. I'm no scout or espn telent coach, but School just want certain things.

 

 

At first I wasn't even going to respond to such a ridiculous post but I've responded to all the other ones and I wouldn't want you to feel left out. First off, most non D1 schools don't finalize recruiting until the summertime and they're recruiting up until the very last moment.

 

Second, you obviously haven't seen Kasey play very often if you truely believe that he's not athletic enough to play college football. On the list of the top 10 reasons why Kasey couldn't play college football, Athleticism would be the very last reason at #10. He is about as athletic a kid as I've seen. The kid can do it all on the field and can play a variety of positions. If that doesn't take athleticism, I don't know what does. If you would have written this about a week ago, I just might have gotten subspended in my reaction but not now. Anyone who knows Kasey realizes what a absurd statement this is and it probably didn't even need a response but I couldn't let everyone down. Think what you want because you obviously have no idea what Kasey can or can't do.

At first I wasn't even going to respond to such a ridiculous post but I've responded to all the other ones and I wouldn't want you to feel left out. First off, most non D1 schools don't finalize recruiting until the summertime and they're recruiting up until the very last moment.

 

Second, you obviously haven't seen Kasey play very often if you truely believe that he's not athletic enough to play college football. On the list of the top 10 reasons why Kasey couldn't play college football, Athleticism would be the very last reason at #10. He is about as athletic a kid as I've seen. The kid can do it all on the field and can play a variety of positions. If that doesn't take athleticism, I don't know what does. If you would have written this about a week ago, I just might have gotten subspended in my reaction but not now. Anyone who knows Kasey realizes what a absurd statement this is and it probably didn't even need a response but I couldn't let everyone down. Think what you want because you obviously have no idea what Kasey can or can't do.

 

You did good. I thought you would get subspended. Most of us know Kasey can play, I just hope he goes somewhere he will be happy.

At first I wasn't even going to respond to such a ridiculous post but I've responded to all the other ones and I wouldn't want you to feel left out. First off, most non D1 schools don't finalize recruiting until the summertime and they're recruiting up until the very last moment.

 

Second, you obviously haven't seen Kasey play very often if you truely believe that he's not athletic enough to play college football. On the list of the top 10 reasons why Kasey couldn't play college football, Athleticism would be the very last reason at #10. He is about as athletic a kid as I've seen. The kid can do it all on the field and can play a variety of positions. If that doesn't take athleticism, I don't know what does. If you would have written this about a week ago, I just might have gotten subspended in my reaction but not now. Anyone who knows Kasey realizes what a absurd statement this is and it probably didn't even need a response but I couldn't let everyone down. Think what you want because you obviously have no idea what Kasey can or can't do.

 

I agree 100%! Kasey might not be the biggest or the fastest but he is definetly just as athletic as any high school football player in the state! No doubt about it, when you watch Kasey play he is always the most athletic player on the field. Just because he might not run a 4.4 40 yd. dash dont mean anything. I think Kasey can play atleast at the D-1AA or D-2 level, if not at a small D-1 school. The kid is one of the best, if not the best Russell running back of all-time, and they have had some good ones! Good luck K-Clark, in your decision and do whats best for you!

At first I wasn't even going to respond to such a ridiculous post but I've responded to all the other ones and I wouldn't want you to feel left out. First off, most non D1 schools don't finalize recruiting until the summertime and they're recruiting up until the very last moment.

 

Second, you obviously haven't seen Kasey play very often if you truely believe that he's not athletic enough to play college football. On the list of the top 10 reasons why Kasey couldn't play college football, Athleticism would be the very last reason at #10. He is about as athletic a kid as I've seen. The kid can do it all on the field and can play a variety of positions. If that doesn't take athleticism, I don't know what does. If you would have written this about a week ago, I just might have gotten subspended in my reaction but not now. Anyone who knows Kasey realizes what a absurd statement this is and it probably didn't even need a response but I couldn't let everyone down. Think what you want because you obviously have no idea what Kasey can or can't do.

 

In eastern kentucky....yes, hes athletic. Who was the last big time skill kid come out of eastern kentucky....David Jones....wow one kid.

 

He is athletic as hell... and a great football player.....Is he a Victor Anderson, Doug Boumont, or Justin Collins.....hardly doubt it.

 

Best of luck though....why doesnt he try somewhere like MSU.

In eastern kentucky....yes, hes athletic. Who was the last big time skill kid come out of eastern kentucky....David Jones....wow one kid.

 

He is athletic as hell... and a great football player.....Is he a Victor Anderson, Doug Boumont, or Justin Collins.....hardly doubt it.

 

Best of luck though....why doesnt he try somewhere like MSU.

 

For the life of me, I can not understand why you would have this kind of attitude toward a 17 year old. And I do not understand what the region from which he comes has to do with it. It sounds as if you just have a bad attitude, and enjoy trying to cause trouble. I'm not from Russell, but Clark is athletic in Eastern Kentucky, as well as anywhere else in the state.

 

I hope the Guru is paying attention, and hopefully you will not make it to varsity status.

In eastern kentucky....yes, hes athletic. Who was the last big time skill kid come out of eastern kentucky....David Jones....wow one kid.

 

He is athletic as hell... and a great football player.....Is he a Victor Anderson, Doug Boumont, or Justin Collins.....hardly doubt it.

 

Best of luck though....why doesnt he try somewhere like MSU.

 

 

In eastern Ky? Are you kidding me? There again you show your lack of knowledge of Kasey. Kasey showed his talents on a state level when he led his team to a state title one year and a state final another, winning state championship MVP honors. He is as good as any player in this area or any player in the state. I guess you were absent those days because It's very obvious you haven't seen Kasey play very often if at all. I'm so sick of people like you who think Eastern KY kids can't play. Just because a kid is from eastern Ky does not mean he automatically can't play college football. Kasey may not be as fast as Victor Anderson but is Anderson as strong as Kasey Clark. No way. Kasey is a different type back as Anderson or Beaumont and they each excell at different things but Kasey is definately on the same level. There are plenty of kids from eastern Ky who have went on to do great things in college football and many of those great things were done in D1. I'm done with you, you don't know anything about Kasey's abilities or any other kid in eastern KY for that matter.

 

"Why doesn't he try MSU"....... A few mins ago you said he couldn't play college football. Did Blue Blazer send you some tapes that changed your mind?

For the life of me, I can not understand why you would have this kind of attitude toward a 17 year old. And I do not understand what the region from which he comes has to do with it. It sounds as if you just have a bad attitude, and enjoy trying to cause trouble. I'm not from Russell, but Clark is athletic in Eastern Kentucky, as well as anywhere else in the state.

 

I hope the Guru is paying attention, and hopefully you will not make it to varsity status.

 

:thumb:

In eastern kentucky....yes, hes athletic. Who was the last big time skill kid come out of eastern kentucky....David Jones....wow one kid.

 

He is athletic as hell... and a great football player.....Is he a Victor Anderson, Doug Boumont, or Justin Collins.....hardly doubt it.

 

Best of luck though....why doesnt he try somewhere like MSU.

 

1. Kasey Clark is a PLAYER, and WILL play college football at some level, whatever level that is remains to be heard, but he WILL be playing on SATURDAYS this coming fall.

 

2. He has proved to the state on two different occasions (2005 and 2006 state title games) what kind of player he is.

 

3. You obviously have a stereo-typical view of eastern ky athletes. We have produced "several division 1 athletes" from our area.

 

4. No less than "4" eastern ky athletes were starting on D1 teams this past year.

 

5. IN MY OPINION, I better state that before UKCATSFAN gets on me, he is better suited for Defense "IF" he does end up playing D1 ball.

 

6. Kasey may not be as fast as the players you mentioned, but he is bigger and excels not only on the offensive side of the ball but also on the defensive side.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.