Will the Bears stay with Grossman, or draft a new QB?

Guest Bluto

Will the Bears stay with Grossman, or draft a new QB?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bears stay with Grossman, or draft a new QB?

• Stay with Rex Grossman
    • Draft a new QB

If he's restricted, than I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons keep him. Some teams will most likely try and make a move though...

They would have to match a big offer or let him go for a 3rd round pick. Schaub is on the move if Vick isn't this off season IMO...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They scored a whopping 21 points off them.

They should have scored WAY more than 21 points though! Did they give up 190+ yards on the ground or not? Did they come anywhere close to stopping Addi or Rhodes on the ground or in the air?? Addi broke the most receiving catches by a RB tonight!

Grossman was bad but the Bears defense got exposed by the Colts offense tonight!

They would have to match a big offer or let him go for a 3rd round pick. Schaub is on the move if Vick isn't this off season IMO...

Sad thing is that the Falcons dropped the ball on that one this year! They could have gotten a ton for him now it's going to cost them more than it would have. It will be a #1 pick at least though.

Write it down folks, my twin and I disagree on something...

Grossman was essentially a rookie this year, he gets 3 games next season, IMO, then it is free game.

I would agree if it was Seattle, San Diego or some other mid level market that would let this go. In Chicago, he's doomed. It's going to take a miracle to win the fan base back, and I'm not sure he has it in him...

I think the Bears will take a QB in the 3rd or 4th rounds, and it just may be Carson's brother which is Jordan Palmer...

Jordan Palmer QB 6'5 235 UTEP

The younger brother of Bengal Carson Palmer was not as highly touted as his brother, but that was because he did not play much football in high school. He landed at UTEP known only as Carson’s brother, but has made a name for himself for the Miners. A part time starter as a redshirt freshman, Palmer threw for 1,168 yards and seven touchdowns, but completed less than 50% of his passes, and was picked off 13 times. He really progressed as a sophomore, throwing for 2,818 yards, while completing 58% of his passes for 26 touchdowns and 18 interceptions. Palmer continued to improve as a junior, completing 59% of his passes for 3,503 yards and 29 touchdowns, along with 19 interceptions. He had another solid season as a senior, throwing for 3,595 yards and 26 touchdowns with 14 picks, while completing over 65% of his passes.

Palmer is the prototypical pocket passer. He is big, with a strong arm, and a gunslinger’s mentality. He has the arm to make all the throws, and shows the athleticism to maneuver around the rush in the pocket and throw on the run. He has shown improvement every year since leaving high school, and has a lot of upside. He obviously has the bloodlines, with his brother being one of the best QB’s in the NFL.

While the gunslinger attitude is a positive, it is also a negative for Palmer. He tries to throw the ball through the defense too often, relying on his arm to make plays. He needs to learn to take what the defense gives him more often, and not force the ball so much.

A lot has been made of him being Carson’s brother, but Jordan will have to make it on his own. He has the talent to develop, but he’s a project right now that will need work at the next level. He is a player that will probably be taken in the middle rounds with the idea of developing him over a couple seasons to see what he can become.

Jordan Palmer QB 6'5 235 UTEP

The younger brother of Bengal Carson Palmer was not as highly touted as his brother, but that was because he did not play much football in high school. He landed at UTEP known only as Carson’s brother, but has made a name for himself for the Miners. A part time starter as a redshirt freshman, Palmer threw for 1,168 yards and seven touchdowns, but completed less than 50% of his passes, and was picked off 13 times. He really progressed as a sophomore, throwing for 2,818 yards, while completing 58% of his passes for 26 touchdowns and 18 interceptions. Palmer continued to improve as a junior, completing 59% of his passes for 3,503 yards and 29 touchdowns, along with 19 interceptions. He had another solid season as a senior, throwing for 3,595 yards and 26 touchdowns with 14 picks, while completing over 65% of his passes.

Palmer is the prototypical pocket passer. He is big, with a strong arm, and a gunslinger’s mentality. He has the arm to make all the throws, and shows the athleticism to maneuver around the rush in the pocket and throw on the run. He has shown improvement every year since leaving high school, and has a lot of upside. He obviously has the bloodlines, with his brother being one of the best QB’s in the NFL.

While the gunslinger attitude is a positive, it is also a negative for Palmer. He tries to throw the ball through the defense too often, relying on his arm to make plays. He needs to learn to take what the defense gives him more often, and not force the ball so much.

A lot has been made of him being Carson’s brother, but Jordan will have to make it on his own. He has the talent to develop, but he’s a project right now that will need work at the next level. He is a player that will probably be taken in the middle rounds with the idea of developing him over a couple seasons to see what he can become.

:thumb: As I said in the post you quoted, I think he might end up in Chicago because I really think the bears will draft a guy in the middle rounds and he would be a good one to get. Then as I said in another post after that, I do think even if the bears say draft a QB in the middle rounds like I think, I still think that Grossman will start out the year as a starter. And if he struggles then whatever veteran backup they will have next year will start, while their draft pick developes next year and learns from the bench...

Maybe they could trade for Eli Mannings backup, at least he can throw the ball down the field. J.Lo!!

Imagine what Chicago would have to give up to unload a guy like Grossman on the Giants.

I'd hit the Arena Leagues and NFL Europe to try and find me a QB. It would really be hard to find one worse.

If I'm Petrino, I keep Schaub this season until I see how Vick does in the new system. Schaub is a starter on some teams in the NFL.

They should stick with Grossman. Nobody wanted to can Rothlisberger last year. Now let's compare their Super Bowl Statistics as provided at Super Bowl.com:

Rothlisberger 9 of 21 123 yards 0 TD's and 2 Int's

Grossman 22 of 28 165 yards 1 TD and 2 Int's

No way should they can Grossman.

We can tell who the people are that are quick to turn on someone. The Bears should stick with him and give him another chance. It was his first season starting and whether you like it or not they were still winning games when the defense wasn't holding opponents scoring. He may not be a Peyton Manning but give him a chance, let him work it out this offseason and come back next year. I doubt the Bears give up on him. And I seen that at least 1 of those fumbles was not his fault, the snapper snapped it sideways and if your a QB and you're used to it coming straight you're not going to get a good grip on the ball and it being wet made it even worse. We wouldn't even be having this convo if the Bears would have one so this topic is one sided. The same turnovers and a win wouldn't have been nothing said but they lose and everyone wants him gone? Come on, that's a little unfair!

They should stick with Grossman. Nobody wanted to can Rothlisberger last year. Now let's compare their Super Bowl Statistics as provided at Super Bowl.com:

Rothlisberger 9 of 21 123 yards 0 TD's and 2 Int's

Grossman 22 of 28 165 yards 1 TD and 2 Int's

No way should they can Grossman.

No one wanted to can Big Ben because he had a very strong season. The same cannot be said for Rex. He had a bad year.