Will the Bears stay with Grossman, or draft a new QB?

Guest Bluto

Will the Bears stay with Grossman, or draft a new QB?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bears stay with Grossman, or draft a new QB?

• Stay with Rex Grossman
    • Draft a new QB

He is young, but he is about 5'8 standing in the pocket.

He takes too many risks.

Frankly, I just don;t think he is big enough.

The Bears are a nice team that can win based on their defense.

Them getting to the Super Bowl was more of a byproduct of how weak the NFC was.

Overall, they were probably the 4th or 5th best team in the NFL this year.

They were 2-2 versus the AFC this year, 2-3 if you count the SB.

They beat Buffalo and the Jets, and lost to the Dolphins at home and NE.

They would be wise to look at drafting a QB.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People forget that he is still a PUP! The problem is that the Bears fan will probably never forgive him but the bottom line is that it wasn't all him. He dropped a couple of snaps in the rain and had a bad pick but the Colts defense and RB's dominated the game! The Bears had NO answer for the RB's from the Colts. The time of possesion wasn't even close I don't think which was a HUGE suprise! Grossman made mistakes but the Bears got dominated the whole game!

I am FAR from a Grossman fan but the facts are:

#1 He started QB at the University of Florida

#2 He went to the Super Bowl in his 2nd year as a QB!

I think he hurt them a lot but he is very young!

The fans/media might run him out but not many QB's have been to the Super Bowl in their 2nd year!

:thumb: You CAN'T blame the whole game on one person! Even though he made some costly mistakes, he wasn't the only one!

NFC was weak.

Bears Defense was good but got exposed by the AFC Colts.

Hester is the best kick returner in the game.

Grossmen is not good but young.

The choice is do you get rid of somebody that has had his experience and take the risk of setback or do you ride him? If I were the Bears I'd go after a Schaub or even a guy like Garcia although I think they might have to get a new OC if they take him.

Gossman hurt them for sure but the Bears OandDline got outplayed tonight! The Colts dominated on both sides!

People forget that he is still a PUP! The problem is that the Bears fan will probably never forgive him but the bottom line is that it wasn't all him. He dropped a couple of snaps in the rain and had a bad pick but the Colts defense and RB's dominated the game! The Bears had NO answer for the RB's from the Colts. The time of possesion wasn't even close I don't think which was a HUGE suprise! Grossman made mistakes but the Bears got dominated the whole game!

I am FAR from a Grossman fan but the facts are:

#1 He started QB at the University of Florida

#2 He went to the Super Bowl in his 2nd year as a QB!

I think he hurt them a lot but he is very young!

The fans/media might run him out but not many QB's have been to the Super Bowl in their 2nd year!

Him starting QB at Florida dont mean much in the NFL, because most Florida QB's have had bad careers, if any careers in the NFL...Also Grossman is injury prone, and that is another thing they have to look at. I think he goes into next year as the starter, but I think they will draft a QB in the middle rounds...

Bottom line is the better team won tonight. He didn't have the ball that much. At one point he was like 8of11. The Bears defense had absoloutly NO answer to the Colts offense. I thought the Bears oline would domintate the Colts dline but they kept throwing the ball when they got it.

People can blame Grossman all they want. He didn't play great but there was a point late that he want's playing bad but the Colts were so dominant that he forced things. I'm going to have to dig up the time of posession. The throw he forced that got run back was a back breaker but they were getting dominated so bad that I can see why he was forcing things. I thought the Bears got away from the run a little early. I'm not so sure that it wasn't because that is what the Colts forced though. I know that there was a couple of times that the Colts were 3 deep which means they loaded the box. That doesn't happen a lot with the Tampa 2 teams which is the base defense both teams play.

Bottom line is the better team won tonight. He didn't have the ball that much. At one point he was like 8of11. The Bears defense had absoloutly NO answer to the Colts offense. I thought the Bears oline would domintate the Colts dline but they kept throwing the ball when they got it.

People can blame Grossman all they want. He didn't play great but there was a point late that he want's playing bad but the Colts were so dominant that he forced things. I'm going to have to dig up the time of posession. The throw he forced that got run back was a back breaker but they were getting dominated so bad that I can see why he was forcing things. I thought the Bears got away from the run a little early. I'm not so sure that it wasn't because that is what the Colts forced though. I know that there was a couple of times that the Colts were 3 deep which means they loaded the box. That doesn't happen a lot with the Tampa 2 teams which is the base defense both teams play.

They scored a whopping 21 points off them.