Will the Bears stay with Grossman, or draft a new QB?

Guest Bluto

Will the Bears stay with Grossman, or draft a new QB?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bears stay with Grossman, or draft a new QB?

• Stay with Rex Grossman
    • Draft a new QB

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they'll stick with him or try Griese, but I don't think they'll spend the draft pick on a QB. Rex is one of the worst QB's I've seen though. I said a long time ago that WHEN the Bears lost it would be because of him. That's arguable I guess, but he accounted for 3 of 5 Bear turnovers, one of which led to the game clinching TD.

Even if they draft another QB, they will still more than likely have to stick with Rex or Griese next season, being they will draft next to last in the first round, and this draft isn't really stacked with QB's. Pretty much meaning if they do draft somebody, then more than likely they won't be ready to be a NFL starter. If someone comes up in free agency, I think they should try and go that route instead.

On a side note, the QB position has been the achilles heel for the Bears the last few seasons. They always have a Super Bowl caliber Defense, but they are lacking someone on the other side of the ball that can manage the game. IMO they are a QB away from a Championship.

People forget that he is still a PUP! The problem is that the Bears fan will probably never forgive him but the bottom line is that it wasn't all him. He dropped a couple of snaps in the rain and had a bad pick but the Colts defense and RB's dominated the game! The Bears had NO answer for the RB's from the Colts. The time of possesion wasn't even close I don't think which was a HUGE suprise! Grossman made mistakes but the Bears got dominated the whole game!

I am FAR from a Grossman fan but the facts are:

#1 He started QB at the University of Florida

#2 He went to the Super Bowl in his 2nd year as a QB!

I think he hurt them a lot but he is very young!

The fans/media might run him out but not many QB's have been to the Super Bowl in their 2nd year!