Kearns Signed To Extension

gametime

Thank God we are in the good old USA. Cause we can agree to disagree. Freel is not a better defensive player than Kearns. Time will prove one of us right and one of us wrong. :thumb:

Potential wise the boy is just 25. He's not even in his prime yet.

....:thumb: I'm just basing my defensive opinions, off Freel hustling and getting to FB's, that I don't think Kearns could get to.

Arm strength, certainly Kearns...hustling, jump on the ball, speed in the gap, footspeed and effort...Freel.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not having this freaking debate for the 143rd time. No, in fact I'm thrilled with it. Kearns is slightly above average, hasn't stayed healthy, hits for a slightly higher average than Dunn but gets on base a lot less and hits a lot fewer home runs. Solid outfielders aren't as hard to find and there is a "decent" chance that Hamilton is giving us in May what Kearns would be.

The horse is dead. Kearns will be fairly paid this year and than will be over-paid beginning next year. My take.

Too late....

I agree that the Reds shouldn't have paid Kearns this type of money. However, I can't find any way to justify paying Dunn and not someone else. He has too many negatives to be your big money guy IMO. I would rather have 2 mid-money guys than Dunn.

Too late....

I agree that the Reds shouldn't have paid Kearns this type of money. However, I can't find any way to justify paying Dunn and not someone else. He has too many negatives to be your big money guy IMO. I would rather have 2 mid-money guys than Dunn.

I'd like to know Kearns stats with runners in scoring position. He is a lot more clutch than Dunn.

You're right, I didn't realize until now that Kearns was averaging an earth-shattering, eye-popping, 59.8 rbi per year over his career. Forget Dunn, he is a Tony Perez clone.

I'm not having this freaking debate for the 143rd time.

You're up to 145!!!!

IMO losing Kearns will prove to be a big mistake for the Reds. Potential gold glove outfielder. Last year was really his first full season I believe. 24 HR & 84 RBI's. The Reds can't replace that. Plus he was from Lexington and yes I'm a homer and like to see local boys do well.

My view is that he will have one year at some point in his future that will be All-Star type numbers and that will be it. The rest of the time he will be a pretty normal and average ML outfielder.

That one year though will fuel the position that this was a mistake for the Reds.

I'd take Kearns over Dunn anyday, with Dunn it's the same thing HR, or K.

So you would take an OF that has not shown the ability to stay away from injury and missing good portion of the seasons to an OF that will be out there every single day and producing numbers that most OFers in the ML's can't produce?