When does football start at your school?

LSURock

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that kids need a BREAK - at least a few weeks after the season.

3 days a week is plenty if you are efficient with that time.

The coach doing blocking drills after the season.... no comment!

Well I don't know what the rules are for HS, but all NCAA DIII schools can practice up to the day of the national championship, not to say that I know of any colleges who use this rule.

I believe that kids need a BREAK - at least a few weeks after the season.

3 days a week is plenty if you are efficient with that time.

The coach doing blocking drills after the season.... no comment!

what's wrong with doing blocking drills? The linemen at Bardstown started doing similar types of drills yesterday.

^ I am curious as to what kind of blocking drills would be allowed outside of spring ball or summer/fall practice by the KHSAA. This seems like something that could be abused if not done correctly. Are we talking about kids fitting up and doing technique type of drills on dummies or is this something more?

At Bardstown, almost all football and basketball players workout for 50 min. before school everyday and after school 3 days per week for an hour.The afternoon schedule began a week after their last game.

Can they honestly get any good reps in with so many guys in the weightroom at once for such a short amount of time? When I played, it would have been impossible to get through 3 lifting stations, doing 3 or 4 sets of 10 in that amount of time.

Can they honestly get any good reps in with so many guys in the weightroom at once for such a short amount of time? When I played, it would have been impossible to get through 3 lifting stations, doing 3 or 4 sets of 10 in that amount of time.

Well the freshmen don't come in the mornings and during the basketball season the basketball players do drills in the gym. Some other players are also left out because they take "early bird" classes that start at 7:15 AM. Any given athlete can get as an intense workout as he wants.

At Bardstown, almost all football and basketball players workout for 50 min. before school everyday and after school 3 days per week for an hour.The afternoon schedule began a week after their last game.

I guess they do not have the advantage that Nelson Co. has of including a 90 minute strength and conditioning class in the middle of the school day.

I guess they do not have the advantage that Nelson Co. has of including a 90 minute strength and conditioning class in the middle of the school day.

Football in Breathitt goes year round. In the off season its set up so that the last class of the day is for the football player to lift weights and do other kinds of things.

How can schools justify "Football Class" during the school day? Do the kids get course credit towards graduation? Can girls sign up for the class?

Several 6th graders are inquiring about the 60 min. club as far as getting in there to learn technique and form. I am not for putting a bunch of weight on a bar for kids this age but from what I hear, they get them in there and let them lift the bar and do reps. Nothing wrong with throwing them on the dip bar, doing some pushups, situps and conditioning though. I thought the 60 min club relates to the fact that they do 60 min workouts. The big 3...Squat, Bench and Clean/Deadlift. Get in and get out. No socializing, taking breaks, etc. If they are there for 3 hours are they overdoing it? Your thoughts LN as your boys obviously have participated and are still participating.

It's about a 2 hour workout for the 6-8th graders. Not much weight and some running thrown in. He thought they called it 60 minutes because you're supposed to always work twice as hard as you need to.

We don't have that now, but since the morning class is so large, the coaches are pushing for a midday strength and conditioning class. They feel they will be successful.