On a limb.....Louisville football 2007....

RockPride

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will go out early and say that the 2007 Cardinal Football team will be the best in they've ever had.

Give us a prediction on their game with UK at Commonwealth. The Cats have most of their team back next year, plus some good recruits and redshirts. They also finished the 2006 season in a strong fashion. IMO I think it will be a close contest, and UK very well could win. However, I admit I'm no expert on football....my high school didn't even have a team.

Just a feeling, and a hope, on my part.:thumb:

Give us a prediction on their game with UK at Commonwealth. The Cats have most of their team back next year, plus some good recruits and redshirts. They also finished the 2006 season in a strong fashion. IMO I think it will be a close contest, and UK very well could win. However, I admit I'm no expert on football....my high school didn't even have a team.

Just a feeling, and a hope, on my part.:thumb:

UofL returns a great deal as well. The thing that may give UK the edge IMO is simply UofL's coaching change, but if Kragthorpe is as good on the field as he's been so far in keeping the embers glowing, then I don't see much less than a solid UofL win.

I know there is still a few more weeks left to land and sign commitments but as of right now Rivals has Louiville with the 48th ranked class, and Kentucky right behind with the 49th. However, everything could change before the last day to sign. Other than that they still have landed some nice talent.

The big thing for them next year will be the experience they have coming back. They took a hit with Bush jumping ship. I would have liked to have seen him stay, but I guess he has looked at the Willis McGahee situation a little too hard. I don't think Bush will be no where near that lucky, thus another year of school could have only helped him in the long run, as well as helped the Ville'. Other than that Louisville returns Brohm, with a nice core of recievers for him to throw to. If he can stay healthy, then Louisville once again will be in the BCS hunt. Im sure they will still get enough out of their running game to take the pressure off Brohm and still have success without Bush.

I know there is still a few more weeks left to land and sign commitments but as of right now Rivals has Louiville with the 48th ranked class, and Kentucky right behind with the 49th. However, everything could change before the last day to sign. Other than that they still have landed some nice talent.

The big thing for them next year will be the experience they have coming back. They took a hit with Bush jumping ship. I would have liked to have seen him stay, but I guess he has looked at the Willis McGahee situation a little too hard. I don't think Bush will be no where near that lucky, thus another year of school could have only helped him in the long run, as well as helped the Ville'. Other than that Louisville returns Brohm, with a nice core of recievers for him to throw to. If he can stay healthy, then Louisville once again will be in the BCS hunt. Im sure they will still get enough out of their running game to take the pressure off Brohm and still have success without Bush.

Those rankings are without some of the talent that has committed to Louisville in the past 24 hours.

Those rankings are without some of the talent that has committed to Louisville in the past 24 hours.

Thats why I stated things will change before the last day to commit or sign. Recruiting websites are the worst as far as updating goes, they still have Simms commited to Louisville, as well as Goode to UK. Louisville especially and even Kentucky will rise in these ranking before its all said and done IMO. Most teams have already almost wrapped up their shopping, while Louisville and Kentucky are just getting down to business. :thumb:

Thats why I stated things will change before the last day to commit or sign. Recruiting websites are the worst as far as updating goes, they still have Simms commited to Louisville, as well as Goode to UK. Louisville especially and even Kentucky will rise in these ranking before its all said and done IMO. Most teams have already almost wrapped up their shopping, while Louisville and Kentucky are just getting down to business. :thumb:
Kentucky is over the limit. For all intents and purposes, UK has closed up shop on 2007.

I don't think so. Their defense won't keep up, IMO.

In the past 3 year span, the 2005 offense was clearly the worst... and they still nearly beat WVU.

South Florida worries me more.

As they should. The Cards have yet to win there (USF), and last year, only Rutgers won against the Bulls at RJS. USF could actually be ranked, by then. If Auburn considers USF as lowly as the Big East has the last 2 years, who knows. The iconic U may pull off a huge upset, like at UWV last season. That makes the UofL game big. I can't wait for September.

I will go out early and say that the 2007 Cardinal Football team will be the best in they've ever had.

I would probably have to agree. I really thought they would struggle this year losing Bush but they showed they could over come that loss. Rutgers and WVU should both be solid next year as well but the Cardinals offense will be as good as anyone in the country.