Open Job: Carroll County

My guess was he stepped down and wasn’t asked to leave/let go. He was in the final two for the Shelby Co job according to some. Was he let go?

Carroll is a strange place. They appear to have good numbers, facilities appear to be good, a decent mix of size and athletes. Yet with all of that something appears off. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, futurecoach said:

I know Justin Franklin just got the Scott job. However, he is a Carroll County guy, any chance he would return? Or was there a reason why he left before? 

He was let go by Carroll Co. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Falcon Pride said:

I just looked at the KHSAA website and there are 3 jobs open at Carrol County.

Girls Basketball

Girls  Volleyball 

Football

What is going on in Carrolton?

I have no idea but the first thing I would look at is the people in charge. 

• Like 1

That is my first thought is people in charge. I’m sure there are other places that are similar but I know of at least one district that over a 8 year span has replaced every coaching position except girls basketball. In most cases the jobs are on their 3-4 coach in 8 years. 

They have a phenomenal group of incoming 7th graders stacked with two good classes behind them who have dominated the area on the youth football scene.

Whomever takes over this job if they can hold it, by their fourth year they will be competing for hardware and by their sixth year competing for a spot at Kroger field. 

15 minutes ago, FlyPattern said:

They have a phenomenal group of incoming 7th graders stacked with two good classes behind them who have dominated the area on the youth football scene.

Whomever takes over this job if they can hold it, by their fourth year they will be competing for hardware and by their sixth year competing for a spot at Kroger field. 

Kroger field? That's a pretty big jump considering the teams they will have to deal with. I know Carroll tried to get a big gun right off the bat (actually 2 big guns). But you aren't going to get dudes like that when you turn over your staff every few years.

23 minutes ago, FlyPattern said:

It's a big jump and a lot can change from Middle School to high school. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

It's a big jump and a lot can change from Middle School to high school. 

Yep, and history would say that is way too big a jump especially considering they are moving to 3A.

• Like 1