Kentucky 38 Louisville 31

16thBBall Fan

45 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

This is a football thread, nothing to do with hoops.

yea it does same team and I am not speaking for others but I am just the same towards basketball as football as I am a true Kentucky fan for all sports and if a coach doesn't make good has in game decisions or has control over his team. I will call them out no matter if it is Cal or Stoops. 

Also, in all of the years that Stoops has been at Kentucky this is his first ever win over a team ranked in the top 10. Plus, Louisville is probably the weakest team that Kentucky has played ranked that high. I am tickled to death that they won, but you were the one taking a shot at all of us fans that call it like we see it. I would also say that most of us treat both programs equally unlike you do.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

yea it does same team and I am not speaking for others but I am just the same towards basketball as football as I am a true Kentucky fan for all sports and if a coach doesn't make good has in game decisions or has control over his team. I will call them out no matter if it is Cal or Stoops. 

Also, in all of the years that Stoops has been at Kentucky this is his first ever win over a team ranked in the top 10. Plus, Louisville is probably the weakest team that Kentucky has played ranked that high. I am tickled to death that they won, but you were the one taking a shot at all of us fans that call it like we see it. I would also say that most of us treat both programs equally unlike you do.

As you just eluded to, I simply call em the way I see em and that doesn’t mean I treat the Ky. sports teams differently, I have always been a great fan of both basketball and football teams so I’m glad everybody isn’t the same.

I wonder what this will do for Stoops in the eyes of fans.  I am admittedly bandwagon when it comes to UK football.  I checked out after the Missouri debacle and I honestly haven't missed much till today.  

Fans have been disgruntled of late and I wonder if this will take some pressure off Stoops.  I have never been a big supporter, nor detractor, of him.  I'm curious to see how he's viewed by the BBN.

Just now, Randy Parker said:

I wonder what this will do for Stoops in the eyes of fans.  I am admittedly bandwagon when it comes to UK football.  I checked out after the Missouri debacle and I honestly haven't missed much till today.  

Fans have been disgruntled of late and I wonder if this will take some pressure off Stoops.  I have never been a big supporter, nor detractor, of him.  I'm curious to see how he's viewed by the BBN.

His recent success against Louisville has saved his job IMO. Most won’t admit it, though. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

The Missouri game maybe wasn’t a debacle as look at Missouri now and where they are at? Stoops just needs to stay in his lane and play his role with the players he is dealt. And the real question is “who could be doing a better job” with the program than he?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

His recent success against Louisville has saved his job IMO. Most won’t admit it, though. 

Most of the fans I’m surrounded with had rather see a win vs Fla, Auburn, LSU, Tennessee, etc vs a Louisville win.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

The Missouri game maybe wasn’t a debacle as look at Missouri now and where they are at? Stoops just needs to stay in his lane and play his role with the players he is dealt. And the real question is “who could be doing a better job” with the program than he?

Missouri was a debacle any way you look at it.  Not losing, mind you, but how we lost.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Probably with some, no doubt.  But the people I'm around are more eager to climb a rung in the SEC.  Especially Tennessee

Honestly, aside from this year, I think most fans have chalked up UL as a given W.  This UL win stands out more than the last few, which is why I am wondering how fans will treat Stoops.

I don't believe Stoops' job was in jeopardy this year at all.  Just wondering how long today's victory will stick in silencing his critics.

In looking at some of the bowl talk after today's win. Most (so-called) experts are projecting the Cats to go to the Duke's Mayo Bowl on Dec. 27th but the team they would play seems to be either Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech or Duke. However they could drop to a different bowl if South Carolina were to beat Clemson tonight since they have beaten the Cats they could go to that bowl game. I guess we will just have to wait until next Sunday, Dec. 4th.

Best way to lose as a favorite is turn the ball over and that's what Louisville did. Congrats to Kentucky making the plays to win. I don't think I've ever seen a game ever where a team had zero penalties. Louisville only had 3 penalties so seems refs weren't going to call much. I didn't think Louisville would win 10 games at beginning of season so a great first season under Brohm and I think the future is bright as Brohm gets more talent into the program.

• Like 1