Kentucky 38 Louisville 31

16thBBall Fan

1 minute ago, futurecoach said:

Great win! Always nice beating Louisville. Especially with ruining the season Louisville was having. With that said, Definitely always interesting seeing your reactions and how you view things for UK Football compared to your views on basketball. For football seemed content with slightly better than average.

I get it, I would say it too, but it definitely doesn’t ruin Louisville’s season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Great win! Always nice beating Louisville. Especially with ruining the season Louisville was having. With that said, Definitely always interesting seeing your reactions and how you view things for UK Football compared to your views on basketball. For football seemed content with slightly better than average.

Beating #10 and going to a better bowl is much better than average.

Just now, TheDeuce said:

I get it, I would say it too, but it definitely doesn’t ruin Louisville’s season. 

I mean yeah still a great season for Louisville and could playing for a conference title still. More so ruining any small outside chance of something bigger.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, futurecoach said:

I mean yeah still a great season for Louisville and could playing for a conference title still. More so ruining any small outside chance of something bigger.  

I’m weird. I’d rather not get in the playoff than get in and get smoked. 😂 I’ve always felt that way about big game situations. 

Kentucky simply deserved to win and Louisville simply deserved to lose. Louisville is definitely better and more capable of what they showed today, but you can’t do what was done today and expect to beat anyone. And that last drive, what in hell were they doing? Play calling and time management to finish the game was horrendous by the Cards. Congratulations to Kentucky and fans.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

Poor little Ky, undisciplined, poor coach with no discipline, ends up 7-5 after beating the #10 team in the land, all non believers stay at home for the bowl game!! By the way, ZERO penalties today for my Cat squad, let’s goooooo!!!

You fail to mention in your post that out of the 7 wins the Cats had this is the only won over a team with a winning record. The combined record currently of the other 6 Cats wins is 23-46. The guys doing today's game said what everyone thought that the year that Missouri has had was what was expected by Kentucky. I would hate to hear what you would be saying about Calipari if it was him. At least most of us on here that complain about Kentucky football and Coach Stoops complain about the basketball and Coach Calipari the same way, just go look at the comments after the Kansas game. It is another 7-5, 7-6, or 8-6 if we get a win at the Liberty or Music City bowl. We should have been 9-3 probably, best 10-2 and worst 8-4.

So yes this was a big win and a good way to end the regular season but overall, this season has been a disappointment and most Kentucky fans would see it the same way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nikeman49 said:

Can’t go there, was there last year and no back to back so not true.

My bad I forgot about that. So a lower level bowl similar to that one then. Still not much to be excited about in regard to bowl games. Is exciting knocking off Louisville though. 

1 minute ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

You fail to mention in your post that out of the 7 wins the Cats had this is the only won over a team with a winning record. The combined record currently of the other 6 Cats wins is 23-46. The guys doing today's game said what everyone thought that the year that Missouri has had was what was expected by Kentucky. I would hate to hear what you would be saying about Calipari if it was him. At least most of us on here that complain about Kentucky football and Coach Stoops complain about the basketball and Coach Calipari the same way, just go look at the comments after the Kansas game. It is another 7-5, 7-6, or 8-6 if we get a win at the Liberty or Music City bowl. We should have been 9-3 probably, best 10-2 and worst 8-4.

So yes this was a big win and a good way to end the regular season but overall, this season has been a disappointment and most Kentucky fans would see it the same way.

Poor little Ky, see you guys at our bowl game.

9 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Looks like while I was typing my reply you had already posted. Hey we are on the same page for once (lol) I guess two great minds can think alike once in a while. lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nikeman49 said:

Poor little Ky, see you guys at our bowl game.

I guess if you would feel the same way towards the basketball team you should be happy with a NIT birth just like the football team going to a minor bowl instead of a New Year 6 bowl. It's about the same difference.

4 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I guess if you would feel the same way towards the basketball team you should be happy with a NIT birth just like the football team going to a minor bowl instead of a New Year 6 bowl. It's about the same difference.

This is a football thread, nothing to do with hoops.