10th Region Rankings

Reading another thread here on the board about how someone used to post these, I figured I would give it a shot. Let the discussion/debate ensue. : )

1. Mason Co 14-2-Two tough losses that could have gone the other way

2. Brossart 14-2-I put them here with their big win over Montg Co.

3. GRC 14-2-Beat Montg early, rematch is tomorrow night.

4. Montg Co 15-2-They could easily be 3, only a 3 point loss to GRC early

5. Campbell 11-6-Struggled in losses to BB and Mason, but still good year

6. Scott 10-7

7. Bracken Co 10-6

8. Silver Gro 11-4

9. St Pat 7-9

10. Harrison Co 7-11

11. Augusta 6-9

12. Deming 6-10

13. Paris 5-13

14. Pendleton 3-8

15. Calvary Chr 3-9

16. Bourbon Co 2-12

17. Nicholas co 3-13

Obviously there are still a lot of big games left within the top teams in the region and the all A tourney is coming up next week for the 10th.

****I moved scott from 8th to 6th, In my blindness, I did not see where they already beat Silver Grove this year handily back in December**** my apologies : )

I also would rank Scott 4th. Also don't see Bishop Brossart over GRC.Great showing in the 5/3 for the cards without Jones. Fist meeting of GRC and Montgomery, GRC had Jones, Knowles and Stenzel out ( top 3 scorers and rebounders) .. Montgomery Co had Stephens out. GRC has played a strong schedule and is 14-2. Bishop Brossart had some good games also in the 5/3, but feel the rest of their schedul is weaker that GRC's. Wished these two teams played each other in the regular season.

1. Mason Co

2. Clark Co.

3. Bissop Brossart

4. Scott

5. Montgomery Co

Reading another thread here on the board about how someone used to post these, I figured I would give it a shot. Let the discussion/debate ensue. : )

1. Mason Co 14-2-Two tough losses that could have gone the other way

2. Brossart 14-2-I put them here with their big win over Montg Co.

3. GRC 14-2-Beat Montg early, rematch is tomorrow night.

4. Montg Co 15-2-They could easily be 3, only a 3 point loss to GRC early

5. Campbell 11-6-Struggled in losses to BB and Mason, but still good year

6. Scott 10-7

7. Bracken Co 10-6

8. Silver Gro 11-4

9. St Pat 7-9

10. Harrison Co 7-11

11. Augusta 6-9

12. Deming 6-10

13. Paris 5-13

14. Pendleton 3-8

15. Calvary Chr 3-9

16. Bourbon Co 2-12

17. Nicholas co 3-13

Obviously there are still a lot of big games left within the top teams in the region and the all A tourney is coming up next week for the 10th.

****I moved scott from 8th to 6th, In my blindness, I did not see where they already beat Silver Grove this year handily back in December**** my apologies : )

1. Mason Co

2. Bishop Brossart

3. Clark Co

4. Scott

5. Montgomery Co

6. Campbell Co

7. Silver Grove

8. Bracken Co

9. Harrison Co

10. St. Patrick

The rest is a toss up. Mason is on top until someone knocks them down.

1. Mason County - slight edge over Clark County, but we're really talking about 1a and 1b. Mason gets the nod after hanging tough at Scott County; playing Catholic and J'Town back-to-back this weekend will tell us if Mason is really a legit #2 team in the state. Need to avoid slow starts that occurred vs. Harrison, Campbell. Middleton is getting back into form. Dismantling of Brossart showed what the Royals can do when they play their game.

2. Clark County - Almost a coin flip between the Cards and Mason County. Jones' return to the lineup gives them a solid #2 spot in the 10th.

3. Bishop Brossart - Perimeter shooting exposed as a weakness vs. Mason County in the MCIT, still deserves the #3 spot after beating Scott. Would like to see Mutsch use that big frame inside a little more.

4. Scott - Could easily be 12-5; two heartbreaking losses to Simon Kenton and Dixie. Had Brossart on the ropes but got outscored by 20 in the 4th quarter the other night.

5. Montgomery County - gaudy record, but is still a notch behind the top four. Needs a quality win to move up.

6. Campbell County - it gets tough to call from here; you can throw the next several teams in a hat and they can all beat each other on any given night. Camels looked awful in the MCIT vs. rival Brossart but has close wins over Pendleton and Harrison, has beaten St. Pat twice and Bracken once, and boasts a big early-season win over Silver Grove.

7. Harrison County - deceiving record, has played a lot of tough teams.

8 - Silver Grove - Pelle may be the best 10th Region player no one outside northern KY has seen.

9 - Pendleton County - needs to figure out how to win the close ones. Still not sure if Belcher is Mr. Inside or Mr. Outside.

10 - Bracken County - Inconsistent. Had a nice stretch of wins in 2nd half of December until they ran into a buzz-saw in the MCIT.

11 - St. Patrick - As Owens and Anderson go, so go the Saints. Looked impressive doubling up on Deming a few days ago; need to keep that energy.

12-14. Paris, Deming and Augusta in no particular order. Need a good win or two to move up into "Group B".

15-17. Calvary Christian, Nicholas County and Bourbon County in no particular order. Need a good win or two to move up into "Group C".

Just $.02 worth from a casual observer.

1. Mason County - slight edge over Clark County, but we're really talking about 1a and 1b. Mason gets the nod after hanging tough at Scott County; playing Catholic and J'Town back-to-back this weekend will tell us if Mason is really a legit #2 team in the state. Need to avoid slow starts that occurred vs. Harrison, Campbell. Middleton is getting back into form. Dismantling of Brossart showed what the Royals can do when they play their game.

2. Clark County - Almost a coin flip between the Cards and Mason County. Jones' return to the lineup gives them a solid #2 spot in the 10th.

3. Bishop Brossart - Perimeter shooting exposed as a weakness vs. Mason County in the MCIT, still deserves the #3 spot after beating Scott. Would like to see Mutsch use that big frame inside a little more.

4. Scott - Could easily be 12-5; two heartbreaking losses to Simon Kenton and Dixie. Had Brossart on the ropes but got outscored by 20 in the 4th quarter the other night.

5. Montgomery County - gaudy record, but is still a notch behind the top four. Needs a quality win to move up.

6. Campbell County - it gets tough to call from here; you can throw the next several teams in a hat and they can all beat each other on any given night. Camels looked awful in the MCIT vs. rival Brossart but has close wins over Pendleton and Harrison, has beaten St. Pat twice and Bracken once, and boasts a big early-season win over Silver Grove.

8 - Silver Grove - Pelle may be the best 10th Region player no one outside northern KY has seen.

9 - Pendleton County - needs to figure out how to win the close ones. Still not sure if Belcher is Mr. Inside or Mr. Outside.

10 - Bracken County - Inconsistent. Had a nice stretch of wins in 2nd half of December until they ran into a buzz-saw in the MCIT.

11 - St. Patrick - As Owens and Anderson go, so go the Saints. Looked impressive doubling up on Deming a few days ago; need to keep that energy.

12-14. Paris, Deming and Augusta in no particular order. Need a good win or two to move up into "Group B".

15-17. Calvary Christian, Nicholas County and Bourbon County in no particular order. Need a good win or two to move up into "Group C".

Gets a :thumb: :thumb: from me.

I agree

1. Mason Co.- they are at the top until somebody knocks them out of it.

2. GRC- I think GRC has the best inside-outside combo in the region along with very good role players. I'm excited to see the Feb. 10th matchup.

3. Brossart- Had good results at 5/3rd and showed what they are capable of but I feel they are behind the top 2 as of now.

4. Scott/Montgomery

Everybody else.

I think your analysis is right on! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: