Cincinnati Bearcats Football Head coach

MaddenCurse44

28 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

However, I also think a guy like Coastal Carolina coach could be a very good hire. 

Or go really big and see on Urban Meyer. UC could be the perfect spot for him, not the big time pressure of those high profile jobs. Plus a good spot for him to get back into coaching, after all his off the field issues. 

Jamey Chadwell had some issues with the NCAA during his time at Charleston Southern so he isn't a name that will come up given John Cunningham's background in compliance and Pres Pinto's experience at UL with Pitino. 

UC fans would be thrilled with Urban but I'm not sure he's a realistic option at 58 years old. I also don't think he's interested in getting back in to coaching after the Jaguars stint. 

Two more names I've seen mentioned:

Jason Candle- Toledo

Matt Campbell- Iowa State

• Like 1

From Justin Williams and The Athletic:

The sense among numerous sources close to Fickell is that the experience with Notre Dame last year, along with other previous coaching opportunities, had an impact on his decision to be more proactive as the carousel ramped up this year and led to his taking the Wisconsin job.

Fickell, who has been hesitant to embrace NIL as a recruiting tool, has been frustrated by numerous decommitments and lost recruiting battles due to NIL in recent months, sources told The Athletic.

Article also mentioned that Amy Fickell was in Madison either last week or the week prior to look in to the situation. Disappointing considering UC was still in contention for the AAC CCG. I'm extremely thankful for every thing Fick has done for UC but that article read as if he has had his mind made up for a while that this would be his last year in Clifton. 

Cunningham mentioned in his presser that there have been multiple conversations throughout the season to let Fick know what UC was willing to commit to in order to keep him happy but at the end of the day it was always going to be a "family decision." 

57 minutes ago, The Raven said:

I've seen where Colorado seems to be heavy on the PrimeTime trail.   It would be hard for UC to top Pac12 money.  But he did seem to enjoy his time here with the Reds, so who knows.

Well the Bearcats now will have Big 12 money, so that would help some. 

1 hour ago, Walter said:

From Justin Williams and The Athletic:

The sense among numerous sources close to Fickell is that the experience with Notre Dame last year, along with other previous coaching opportunities, had an impact on his decision to be more proactive as the carousel ramped up this year and led to his taking the Wisconsin job.

Fickell, who has been hesitant to embrace NIL as a recruiting tool, has been frustrated by numerous decommitments and lost recruiting battles due to NIL in recent months, sources told The Athletic.

Article also mentioned that Amy Fickell was in Madison either last week or the week prior to look in to the situation. Disappointing considering UC was still in contention for the AAC CCG. I'm extremely thankful for every thing Fick has done for UC but that article read as if he has had his mind made up for a while that this would be his last year in Clifton. 

Cunningham mentioned in his presser that there have been multiple conversations throughout the season to let Fick know what UC was willing to commit to in order to keep him happy but at the end of the day it was always going to be a "family decision." 

I read that in the athletic too. I don’t know about you, but it seems like he may have regretted not truly going for the Notre Dame job last year based off that info. If Notre Dame would have been willing to wait until after the playoffs, he probably would have took the Notre Dame job last year. However, he learned that teams aren’t going to wait and why he pounced on this one. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, The Raven said:

I've seen where Colorado seems to be heavy on the PrimeTime trail.   It would be hard for UC to top Pac12 money.  But he did seem to enjoy his time here with the Reds, so who knows.

I don't think Prime is a realistically option ( personal UA deal and UC is moving to Nike/Jordan next season) but even if he was, the amount of money of the deal would be irrelevant.

He's currently worth $40 mil and coaching Jackson St for $300k per year...and donating half of it back to Jackson St to fund facility upgrades. 

I think you're underestimating the amount of money UC has available now as well with the transition to the B12 and other donor commitments/sponsors. They were paying Fick $5 mil per year and are getting ready to break ground on a $100 mil indoor practice facility. The assistant salary pool that Fick had this past season ($5.2 mil) was on par with pretty much every program in the ACC and Pac 12.... Cunningham was ready to increase both figures if that's what it was going to take to keep Fickell. 

They aren't paying $5 mil for the next coach but for the right one, I'm not ruling it out. 

18 minutes ago, theguru said:

Gonna see a lot of this until a new coach is announced. Wisconsin has lost several commits with the Fick news and just had a 4* OL flip to ND. 

I'll wait to see how everything plays out with the current roster and commits once a new coach is named before I worry. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I read that in the athletic too. I don’t know about you, but it seems like he may have regretted not truly going for the Notre Dame job last year based off that info. If Notre Dame would have been willing to wait until after the playoffs, he probably would have took the Notre Dame job last year. However, he learned that teams aren’t going to wait and why he pounced on this one. 

We read it the same way. I think seeing Freeman get that job was the eye opener that nobody was going to wait for him. 

Wisconsin was getting ready to name their interim new head coach 2 days ago. I think the loss Friday sped up his process and decision and that's why things moved so quickly today. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Walter said:

Rough day and weekend for Bearcats fans after the loss Friday and now this. 

Would love to see them pull Deion from Jackson State but I think his personal deal with Under Armour would prevent that with UC going to Nike/Jordan next year. 

I think Brian Hartline from OSU would be the best hire to help maintain consistency with current commits and roster. Great young coach that recruits both Ohio and nationally extremely well. 

Other names that I'd be happy with:

Jesse Minter- Michigan DC

Alex Golesh- Tennessee OC

Whoever gets the job has to have Ohio HS ties and understand the importance of recruiting Ohio. You can't win at UC recruiting the south and southwest. Tuberville tried that approach and failed miserably .

Is Jesse related to former head coach Rick Minter?

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Jamey Chadwell had some issues with the NCAA during his time at Charleston Southern so he isn't a name that will come up given John Cunningham's background in compliance and Pres Pinto's experience at UL with Pitino. 

UC fans would be thrilled with Urban but I'm not sure he's a realistic option at 58 years old. I also don't think he's interested in getting back in to coaching after the Jaguars stint. 

Two more names I've seen mentioned:

Jason Candle- Toledo

Matt Campbell- Iowa State

I see a lot of Coastal football. Coach Chadwell does a great job especially with recruiting and the portal. His recruiting background is in the South and Sunbelt region. No inroads in our area. Have really not heard much about any big issues at Charleston Southern as they are FCS, but I trust your knowledge. His boss at Coastal is AD Matt Hogue, but Joe Moglia former HC and current CEO of TD Ameritrade really rides heard on football as a special assistant to the President and AD.

1 hour ago, The Raven said:

If Cunningham values experience why would he hire a guy that has never served as an assistant only as a head coach in FCS? Watched his team get rolled by SC State last year. Is Jackson State in the FCS playoffs? I don't think their league is FBS.