Cincinnati Bearcats Football Head coach

MaddenCurse44

A lot of support out there for Gino right now with current and former Bearcats. With Hartline out, I'll be extremely surprised if Gino isn't announced as next HC. 

Several players have announced they have no intentions of leaving and then there's this tweet below:

1 hour ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Deion is having a meeting with his team Sunday hope he comes to UC.

If Deion ends up coming it will be interesting. If I remember right he really liked Cincinnati when here as a baseball player. I can see him getting recruits if he ends up coach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

Mostly because they won't hire him, but also because he'll have bigger opportunities more than likely

I agree he isn't coming  because UC won't hire him and there's a fraction of the fanbase that refuse to face reality, but him not coming to UC will have nothing to do with "bigger opportunities." 

He wants full control of all football ops and NIL and a few of his personal deals (UA + Barstool)  are also preventing some schools from pursuing him more seriously. Auburn would have been a great fit and they didn't show interest. That tells me all I need to know about opportunities and interest in him. 

FWIW, I think he is a great coach but an even better motivator and leader. Also able to surround himself with a high level staff. He would be a great fit pretty much anywhere but I just don't see high level programs giving him everything he is wanting and asking for. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

They want someone who can recruit Deion can recruit.  It would be the best hire.

Gino has been the lead on a lot of the high level offensive commits they've landed and the reason Jeroma Ford transferred from Bama to UC. They would be fine with him as HC.

Hiring Gino as HC would also help keep the roster and majority of the recruiting class together as he would likely add Mike Brown to his staff as OC from the group Fick took with him to Wisconsin. Brown was probably the 2nd or 3rd best recruiter on UC's staff these past few years. 

My biggest fear is John Cunningham values HC experience and hires Sean Lewis from Kent State. Considering UC just spent $10 mil this past season between Fick's salary and assistant pool, that would be a major disappointment.

• Like 1

At this point, I have no clue who the finalists are or who the next coach will be. 

There was some serious smoke yesterday that Tennessee OC Alex Golesh was in the final stages of being named the next head coach at UC....And then hours later, a Tennessee insider said Golesh wasn't a finalist for UC. 

If the position was going to Golesh or Gino or even Sean Lewis of Kent State, you would think there would have been an announcement by now. This is why I'm not sure that Gino is going to end up being the guy. I think it would have been announced by now if it were any of those candidates. 

Throughout this process, it has been said AD Cunningham probably has a mystery candidate that hasn't been on any "hot board" because their team is playing today. I think this makes the most sense for why we are still waiting for an announcement. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Walter said:

At this point, I have no clue who the finalists are or who the next coach will be. 

There was some serious smoke yesterday that Tennessee OC Alex Golesh was in the final stages of being named the next head coach at UC....And then hours later, a Tennessee insider said Golesh wasn't a finalist for UC. 

If the position was going to Golesh or Gino or even Sean Lewis of Kent State, you would think there would have been an announcement by now. This is why I'm not sure that Gino is going to end up being the guy. I think it would have been announced by now if it were any of those candidates. 

Throughout this process, it has been said AD Cunningham probably has a mystery candidate that hasn't been on any "hot board" because their team is playing today. I think this makes the most sense for why we are still waiting for an announcement. 

Think it's the Toledo guy? Candle??