Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinnati Bearcats Football Head coach

Featured Replies

  • Replies 80
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It was a matter of time. UC was lucky to have him as long as they did. The pipe dream that he’d only leave for ND or OSU was just that.

  • Rough day and weekend for Bearcats fans after the loss Friday and now this.  Would love to see them pull Deion from Jackson State but I think his personal deal with Under Armour would prevent tha

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    I read that in the athletic too. I don’t know about you, but it seems like he may have regretted not truly going for the Notre Dame job last year based off that info. If Notre Dame would have been wil

Posted Images

  • Author

I really hate to see Fickell go.

From All Bearcats:

Report: UC Football Names Kerry Coombs Interim Head Coach
The Bearcats have one game remaining this season.

It was a matter of time. UC was lucky to have him as long as they did. The pipe dream that he’d only leave for ND or OSU was just that.

5 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

It was a matter of time. UC was lucky to have him as long as they did. The pipe dream that he’d only leave for ND or OSU was just that.

Wisconsin is a good fit.

  • Author

I hope they hire Gino as the new coach next year.

Rough day and weekend for Bearcats fans after the loss Friday and now this. 

Would love to see them pull Deion from Jackson State but I think his personal deal with Under Armour would prevent that with UC going to Nike/Jordan next year. 

I think Brian Hartline from OSU would be the best hire to help maintain consistency with current commits and roster. Great young coach that recruits both Ohio and nationally extremely well. 

Other names that I'd be happy with:

Jesse Minter- Michigan DC

Alex Golesh- Tennessee OC

Whoever gets the job has to have Ohio HS ties and understand the importance of recruiting Ohio. You can't win at UC recruiting the south and southwest. Tuberville tried that approach and failed miserably .

 

21 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Hoping Gino's or Primetime!

I love what Gino has done for the program and university but I'm not sure he has the ties to build a staff like some of the other names could. People are questioning his hire of Mike Cummings after the OL regression we saw this year with so many starters back. 

Another name to keep an eye on that I think would be a great hire:

Brian Mason- Notre Dame ST Coordinator 

I think it comes down to whether or not AD Cunningham covets head coaching experience or not. That was a big reason he hired Wes over OSU assistant Ryan Pedon.

 

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Rough day and weekend for Bearcats fans after the loss Friday and now this. 

Would love to see them pull Deion from Jackson State but I think his personal deal with Under Armour would prevent that with UC going to Nike/Jordan next year. 

I think Brian Hartline from OSU would be the best hire to help maintain consistency with current commits and roster. Great young coach that recruits both Ohio and nationally extremely well. 

Other names that I'd be happy with:

Jesse Minter- Michigan DC

Alex Golesh- Tennessee OC

Whoever gets the job has to have Ohio HS ties and understand the importance of recruiting Ohio. You can't win at UC recruiting the south and southwest. Tuberville tried that approach and failed miserably .

 

I wouldn’t mind them going the route they did when they had Brian Kelly and the Butch Jones. Get a young up and coach that has been a head coach and been successful. Hire a coordinator with no head coach experience doesn’t always work out like it did with Fickell. 
 

As you mentioned Deion Sanders would be the big flashy hire. However, I also think a guy like Coastal Carolina coach could be a very good hire. 
 

Or go really big and see on Urban Meyer. UC could be the perfect spot for him, not the big time pressure of those high profile jobs. Plus a good spot for him to get back into coaching, after all his off the field issues. 

20221127_183957.jpg

 

Screenshot_20221127-184227.png

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.