CovCath 50 Highlands 47

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CovCath plays a determined Highlands team to win a close game and pulls out a victory....CovCath wins this game from the line by shooting 9/16

while HHS shoots 4/12.

CovCath shoots 40.4% from the floor and 23% from the 3pt line

TJ 12

Chris 7

Luke 7 and some important free throws at the end

HHS shoots 38% from the floor and 50% from 3pt range

Simpson 21

Stewart 11

Stein 6

CovCath plays a determined Highlands team to win a close game and pulls out a victory....CovCath wins this game from the line by shooting 9/16

while HHS shoots 4/12.

CovCath shoots 40.4% from the floor and 23% from the 3pt line

TJ 12

Chris 7

Luke 7 and some important free throws at the end

HHS shoots 38% from the floor and 50% from 3pt range

Simpson 21

Stewart 11

Stein 6

I agree, a determined Birds team but undermanned. They shot horribly from the line and Simpson got lost there in the late 3rd and early 4th period. Nice run for the Colonels, Brandon Brown gave them a spark.

I wasnt too impressed listening to the Colonels on the radio. The 9th region is in for a hurting this year downstate.

Sorry to hear about McGraw, best wishes to him.

I agree, a determined Birds team but undermanned. They shot horribly from the line and Simpson got lost there in the late 3rd and early 4th period. Nice run for the Colonels, Brandon Brown gave them a spark.

I wasn't too impressed listening to the Colonels on the radio. The 9th region is in for a hurting this year downstate.

Agreed wasn't too impressed myself by the CovCath team tonight, but you should have heard the Ashland announcers singing the praises of this same team last Friday night, they couldn't miss... You have to admit, HHS gym isn't one of the better shooting gyms in the Commonwealth.....

I didn't quite understand why CovCath didn't press from start to finish in this game with HHS being so undermanned....

BB did sound like he was all over the floor, just like he all over the turf during the CovCath football season. Those from outside of CovCath don't realize how much having Bo and Brown not playing until just the last two weeks or so, hurt CovCath.....eary in the season....

Question for a HHS fan who was at the game....Why didn't Simpson take that shot in the last couple of seconds? Now I am not talking about the last shot in the game, but the one with about maybe 20 or seconds left when some sub took the shot?

Agreed wasn't too impressed myself by the CovCath team tonight, but you should have heard the Ashland announcers singing the praises of this same team last Friday night, they couldn't miss... You have to admit, HHS gym isn't one of the better shooting gyms in the Commonwealth.....

I didn't quite understand why CovCath didn't press from start to finish in this game with HHS being so undermanned....

BB did sound like he was all over the floor, just like he all over the turf during the CovCath football season. Those from outside of CovCath don't realize how much having Bo and Brown not playing until just the last two weeks or so, hurt CovCath.....eary in the season....

Question for a HHS fan who was at the game....Why didn't Simpson take that shot in the last couple of seconds? Now I am not talking about the last shot in the game, but the one with about maybe 20 or seconds left when some sub took the shot?

Well Football is my sport so hopefully someone that understands BBall will give you the right answer but I will say he did hurt his elbow in the 4 quarter and it seemed to be bothering him the rest of the game. Just a quess.

It was a desperation shot, whoever got the ball on the inbounds had to take the shot

A little ugly from the stands but what a 4th quarter by CCH to come back from 7 down at one point to go 7 up and then Highlands comes back to 1 !!!!! It was a typical CCH vs. HHS anything, down to the wire , loud loud fans on both sides and a great game. I think it was about 85 degrees in the place by the end !!!!

As mentioned Brandon Brown's defensive spark plus changing the D to a full court late in the 3rd and the entire 4th was the key. As usual Coach L played a ton of guys early(maybe too many changes but we won't get into that) but the same 6 or 7 played the last 8 or 9 minutes with the best lineup seeming to be: Schult, Brown, Bovard, TJ and Maile, good defense, good ball handlers and free throw shooters.

Give credit to the young men from HHS. They played their humps off. I love watching Willie's teams play D and the refs let them play Willie-style tonight. CCH historically struggles with physical teams.

Nic Simpson is a player. Unfortunately, he has little help offensively. CCH wore him down in the 2nd half by putting their best defenders on him (mainly Grimes and Brown). He's smooth and gets great elevation on his jumper.

TJ played well. He didn't force anything. Beautiful passes.

Lots of missed opportunities by both teams. Missed layups were a common occurence tonight.

Fun environment.

I'm eating CROW!!! I posted a Big margin for CovCath. Birds' proved me wrong...again! Simpson was the best player on the floor by far...CC had the next 4 though! Simpson didn't take the crucial 3 because he was too flat out tired to get the ball. He played all but maybe 30 seconds and in the late stages of the game it REALLY showed. Stein, Simons, Ball really played well tonite. HHS JV played a stellar game also...but lost by a few. Jake Turner really showed his stuff tonite. Good shooting, tough D and leadership. HHS JV played a JR, 2 sophs and the rest were freshman...and took CC to the wire.Kudos to Willie and Coach Feldman for having the troops ready and almost pulling the BIG upsets. They're all "practice games" until March anyway!

CovCath's big guy did an excellent job passing on the interior. Luke Maile was very impressive for a sophomore...big free throws...much quicker than I remembered him from Jr. high. The Brown boy is quick and harrasssing...but got away with more than a few "hijack fouls". DOES ANY COACH IN THE REGION INTIMIDATE REFS LIKE MIKE LISTERMAN? I think not! Not a knock on the refs of this game...fairly called and they let them play. But Coach L had 'em in his pocket!

I wasnt too impressed listening to the Colonels on the radio. The 9th region is in for a hurting this year downstate.

What happened to McGraw?

DOES ANY COACH IN THE REGION INTIMIDATE REFS LIKE MIKE LISTERMAN? I think not! Not a knock on the refs of this game...fairly called and they let them play. But Coach L had 'em in his pocket!

If coach L had them in his pocket, I'd say that's a knock on the refs. If you're going to knock them, then knock them.

If it was a fairly called game, then they weren't in anyone's pocket. Which is it?:confused: