Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Danville

Featured Replies

With Coach Peach leaving Danville after a hard two seasons, who are the front-runners for this job? Number 1 that will come to everyone's mind will by Clay Clevenger, but would he still even want to come back after everything that has happened? Is Danville still an appealing job with Boyle County dominance of the area? This will be a fun one to follow this offseason. 

  • Replies 119
  • Views 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • We will take you as a fan too! BoyleStationFan sounds good too!

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

    Frank Parks is a great, great guy, and I definitely think very highly of him, but I think Luhman would just be stirring the Danville hornets nest all the more if he didn't give Coach Clev first right

  • Coach Lucas left Somerset in a good spot and you rarely hear grumblings about administration and discontent from players and families from Somerset.

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, BlueRaider said:

With Coach Peach leaving Danville after a hard two seasons, who are the front-runners for this job? Number 1 that will come to everyone's mind will by Clay Clevenger, but would he still even want to come back after everything that has happened? Is Danville still an appealing job with Boyle County dominance of the area? This will be a fun one to follow this offseason. 

I don’t know if Clevenger will want the job again but if I am not mistaken there is new leadership in the administration so if he does want it again then that might factor into it.  
 

I feel certain many many many Admiral fans would welcome him back.  

1 minute ago, PurplePride92 said:

I don’t know if Clevenger will want the job again but if I am not mistaken there is new leadership in the administration so if he does want it again then that might factor into it.  
 

I feel certain many many many Admiral fans would welcome him back.  

Would no one on staff want the job or looking to clean and restart, again?

45 minutes ago, BlueRaider said:

With Coach Peach leaving Danville after a hard two seasons, who are the front-runners for this job? Number 1 that will come to everyone's mind will by Clay Clevenger, but would he still even want to come back after everything that has happened? Is Danville still an appealing job with Boyle County dominance of the area? This will be a fun one to follow this offseason. 

For those who may not know, Clay Clevenger spent this past season as the safeties coach for Centre College in Danville.

https://centrecolonels.com/sports/football/roster#sidearm-roster-coaches

Clay Clevinger. Done deal.

Edited by theguru

3 hours ago, TRPride said:

Would no one on staff want the job or looking to clean and restart, again?

I have no idea.  I think it could go either way but my pure speculation thinks that it is Clevenger’s job if he wants it.  
 

I could be way way wrong here too.  

Would Clevenger even want the job?

I suppose "retirement benefits" could play a part in this but beyond on that I don't know.

I kind of wonder the same would he want it now? Obviously the team responded well with him during his time. I think Administration should call him quick and with a great offer.

This has been in works for a while. Welcome back Clevenger.

I don't know if he would want to come back.  But will have to wait and see but I am leaning towards nope.

To me, I think Clevenger would want this job back.  If he didn't, he would not have stayed in the school system and would have taken one of the open jobs in the area over the last few years.  I'd be shocked if he's not the hire and there will be lots of people upset if he's not chosen.

I think Danville also has an interim AD right now, so I think the easy thing to do here is to hire Clevenger as football coach and the AD job.

I do feel bad for Peach, though.  As I have said here before, he is a good coach but he walked into a no win situation a few years ago.

Edit:  One other thing I would say is that this is a hire that Danville has to get right.  They cannot afford to create more chaos around the program, a program so important it bleeds into the fabric of everything else in the school system.  The district is in desperate need of something positive right now, so a great hire here would be a good first step.

If Clevenger isn’t the guy I’d be shocked but their are other names in the area that might be intriguing, but I just don’t see them happening, I’d say I’m 90% sure Clevenger will be back, and it will even the balance of power in the area once again in my opinion, Boyle hasn't been as dominate as they have in years past, I’d call this a down year in my opinion. Sounds crazy that a team could be down and still compete for a state title and only lose 2 games, most teams down years are a lot worse.

I'm hearing the Principal at Danville High School is trying to hire his good friend Frank Parks from Berea. Parks got fired at Bryan Station and is currently coaching at Berea. Parks and Luhman was together at Station. Hearing from a great source that Clay Clevenger indeed wants the job back. The Principal is all about getting his friends jobs. Parks might be a good coach, but his resume is nowhere near Clay Clevenger's. Give the community what they want and hire Clevenger back. Stop hiring people just because you are friends, hire the best candidate for the job! 

39 minutes ago, Statsdontlie said:

I'm hearing the Principal at Danville High School is trying to hire his good friend Frank Parks from Berea. Parks got fired at Bryan Station and is currently coaching at Berea. Parks and Luhman was together at Station. Hearing from a great source that Clay Clevenger indeed wants the job back. The Principal is all about getting his friends jobs. Parks might be a good coach, but his resume is nowhere near Clay Clevenger's. Give the community what they want and hire Clevenger back. Stop hiring people just because you are friends, hire the best candidate for the job! 

Frank Parks is a great, great guy, and I definitely think very highly of him, but I think Luhman would just be stirring the Danville hornets nest all the more if he didn't give Coach Clev first right of refusal for the job.

And to take that a step further, if I was Principal Luhman, I would be encouraging Clevenger to publicly state that he doesn't want the job if he A) doesn't want to apply, or B) applies and decides he doesn't want the job back.

Danville needs to bolster up their community support of their football program. There are still plenty of folks around Danville who do support the program, but nonetheless, a lot of support was lost when the old administration booted Clay a couple of years ago.

9 minutes ago, Statsdontlie said:

I'm hearing the Principal at Danville High School is trying to hire his good friend Frank Parks from Berea. Parks got fired at Bryan Station and is currently coaching at Berea. Parks and Luhman was together at Station. Hearing from a great source that Clay Clevenger indeed wants the job back. The Principal is all about getting his friends jobs. Parks might be a good coach, but his resume is nowhere near Clay Clevenger's. Give the community what they want and hire Clevenger back. Stop hiring people just because you are friends, hire the best candidate for the job! 

This would be interesting. I know Parks, never met Clevenger, but think Clevenger is the correct answer here. The only answer here. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.