Open Job: Danville

BlueRaider

On 11/22/2022 at 7:52 AM, burreaux said:

Coach Lucas left Somerset in a good spot and you rarely hear grumblings about administration and discontent from players and families from Somerset.

Very true. Good organized programs, with admin/coaches/players/parents. Talent comes and goes in schools this size. Programs that work together, have fewer problems. 

On 11/17/2022 at 9:32 AM, NotMattJones said:

Obviously Clevenger would be the top option of these 3 names (respectfully). However, I would be highly shocked if Crutchfield or Cooper showed interest here. Maybe, but I wouldn't expect their names to really be thrown around much. I guess we never know! 

The Cooper name is gaining traction.

7 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

Has Coach Cooper been a head coach before?

I'm still hearing Parks for Danville.  But I agree, if it's not Clevenger I'm not sure Danville recovers.

He hasn’t that I'm aware, He’s a great guy, he will soon get his chance I believe. Just don’t see him getting this high profile of a job as his first job. I’ve been wrong Before though. 

49 minutes ago, Seybold24 said:

I’d still be shocked if Clevenger isn’t the guy, seriously, if they don’t give him the opportunity to atleast decline the offer I feel like this will be the end of Danville Independent Schools. 

Yeah, I can't see the community responding well to passing up a state champion coach or other more qualified candidates.  Make or break hire for sure.

1 hour ago, Seybold24 said:

He hasn’t that I'm aware, He’s a great guy, he will soon get his chance I believe. Just don’t see him getting this high profile of a job as his first job. I’ve been wrong Before though. 

Super nice guy. But with all due respect, if Danville entertains the idea of him getting the job then I can guarantee they will not have a football team next year. 

1 hour ago, BEChargers said:

Has Coach Cooper been a head coach before?

I'm still hearing Parks for Danville.  But I agree, if it's not Clevenger I'm not sure Danville recovers.

I’ve heard Clevenger, Stonebraker, Parks, and a dark horse candidate in Montice Quisenberry, who would bring his son. Also, his daughter is currently enrolled at Danville, but has been ruled ineligible for the girls basketball team. 

12 hours ago, ckyguy said:

I’ve heard Clevenger, Stonebraker, Parks, and a dark horse candidate in Montice Quisenberry, who would bring his son. Also, his daughter is currently enrolled at Danville, but has been ruled ineligible for the girls basketball team. 

Why would Montice move his son from a program that is playing for a state championship?  A program that has put his son in the spotlight by being able to play at Kroger Field. No other program in the area could do that. I am just curious.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RunninReb said:

Why would Montice move his son from a program that is playing for a state championship?  A program that has put his son in the spotlight by being able to play at Kroger Field. No other program in the area could do that. I am just curious.

I've heard that part of the original reason to transfer to Boyle was the new Garrard coach's reluctance to keep him on the staff. 

I have NO idea if that's even remotely true, but I do know that people in Garrard are saying it. 

5 hours ago, RunninReb said:

Maybe Montice wants a head coaching job? I’m just feeding information I’ve received. Do I think it happens? No. Again, just relaying information I’ve gotten from people in the Danville School system. 

10 minutes ago, burreaux said:

I've heard that part of the original reason to transfer to Boyle was the new Garrard coach's reluctance to keep him on the staff. 

I have NO idea if that's even remotely true, but I do know that people in Garrard are saying it. 

Completely not true at all. He had a job on staff up until the day they submitted the transfer to Boyle. I’m almost certain Montice and Crutchfield went to school and played basketball/football together. From what I understand they were really close friends. 

• Like 2