Open Job: Danville

BlueRaider

2 hours ago, Statsdontlie said:

I'm hearing the Principal at Danville High School is trying to hire his good friend Frank Parks from Berea. Parks got fired at Bryan Station and is currently coaching at Berea. Parks and Luhman was together at Station. Hearing from a great source that Clay Clevenger indeed wants the job back. The Principal is all about getting his friends jobs. Parks might be a good coach, but his resume is nowhere near Clay Clevenger's. Give the community what they want and hire Clevenger back. Stop hiring people just because you are friends, hire the best candidate for the job! 

Wow, if this is the hire made you might as well just merge the school systems.

This is a good job. You have to think Clevenger is the frontrunner. If they were going to go the assistant route Coach Cooper at Lincoln County has done well with their younger kids and JV program. Might even look at a guy like Spencer Crutchfield who went to Garrard then lost his best player to Boyle County. 

19 hours ago, NotMattJones said:

Generally speaking, is Clay even interested? Also, I would imagine this thread is only the beginning. I feel as if there will be a few other jobs in this area come open. 

Most of the teams in this area (Mercer, Garrard, Lincoln) all have first year head coaches so I am curious as to what other area teams you think could be looking?

• Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 11:39 AM, Big Mck Bearcat said:

This is a good job. You have to think Clevenger is the frontrunner. If they were going to go the assistant route Coach Cooper at Lincoln County has done well with their younger kids and JV program. Might even look at a guy like Spencer Crutchfield who went to Garrard then lost his best player to Boyle County. 

Crutchfield is not leaving Garrard, it’s home, no way he leaves. He’s right where he wants to be and belongs. 

• Like 3

I don't know if Clevenger would want it or not.  Others on here have said they have heard he does want it back.  IF he does want it back and they do not hire him back, I agree with @DanvilleFan, you might as well merge the schools.  If he wants it and they want any to be able to just start rebuilding the damage that has been done, they had better hire him back. 

On 11/15/2022 at 11:39 AM, Big Mck Bearcat said:

Obviously Clevenger would be the top option of these 3 names (respectfully). However, I would be highly shocked if Crutchfield or Cooper showed interest here. Maybe, but I wouldn't expect their names to really be thrown around much. I guess we never know! 

20 hours ago, Seybold24 said:

Crutchfield is not leaving Garrard, it’s home, no way he leaves. He’s right where he wants to be and belongs. 

Yea that is a good point. I just think in this day and age of transfers, it's going to be hard to win there for him. He did a great job at LC people say. These kids transferring like crazy is changing high school sports. It wasn't like that back old days. 

6 hours ago, NotMattJones said:

Obviously Clevenger would be the top option of these 3 names (respectfully). However, I would be highly shocked if Crutchfield or Cooper showed interest here. Maybe, but I wouldn't expect their names to really be thrown around much. I guess we never know! 

Yea I guess you are right. Was just thinking about up and coming assistant coaches and Cooper came to mind. I'd say he will be in the mix at some schools. 

As for Danville a lot of folks are say Frank Parks. Don't know much about him. 

1 hour ago, Big Mck Bearcat said:

Yea I guess you are right. Was just thinking about up and coming assistant coaches and Cooper came to mind. I'd say he will be in the mix at some schools. 

As for Danville a lot of folks are say Frank Parks. Don't know much about him. 

Right. His name was on some threads last season as well. His time is probably coming soon. He had a great season with the LC JV it looks like, been there for a while. I can see a school like Western Hills really giving a young assistant coach like him a phone call, if interested. 

As for Coach Parks, he is the current head coach at Berea. I think he has done a good job with that program. I don't see him coming to Danville, for what it's worth. But I'm not in "the know" as many appear to be. 

8 hours ago, ckyguy said:

I would not count out Steve Stonebraker as a possible candidate. I’m also hearing that a former assistant coach at Garrard County is going to get an interview. 

If it’s the former assistant I’ve heard thrown around from Garrard County it would be HUGE, a HUGE hire.

If Clevenger don't get the job, I wouldn't be calling Frank Parks for sure, I would be calling Coach Hawkins the current Coach at Bryan Station. Word around Title Town is if Danville hires Parks look for a few players to be gone next year! I think the Principal's job is on the line also, if he don't get this hire right. 

• Like 1