Open Job: Danville

BlueRaider

9 hours ago, Seybold24 said:

If it’s the former assistant I’ve heard thrown around from Garrard County it would be HUGE, a HUGE hire.

There are multiple former assistants at Garrard that could meet this description. Would you care to throw the name out?

1 hour ago, NotMattJones said:

Another chat forum has listed Steve Stonebreaker as a candidate. Would be a really good hire, but he's still at Casey County coming off a big year, why would he leave? 

He will not be at Casey next year. I think you will see him at Danville or maybe even Somerset. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NotMattJones said:

Another chat forum has listed Steve Stonebreaker as a candidate. Would be a really good hire, but he's still at Casey County coming off a big year, why would he leave? 

He is leaving.  Not sure where he ends up, but he will not be at Casey next year. 

• Like 1

If I were a coach I would want to see how the realignment shakes out before making a decision to leave one school for another. There's probably only a handful of programs in the state that can win year-in and year-out, no matter who is in their district and Danville is not one of them anymore.

• Like 3

I think any prospective coach is going to want to know what kind of support they are going to get from administration, especially after the Clevenger firing and how the last superintendent in the district cut back some of the supports for the program like paying a weightlifting stipend.  I was told last time that a problem for Danville getting the people they wanted was that they were not going to have in-school weights anymore (or something to that effect), which was a turn off.

As I've mentioned before, I think this is a make or break hire, not just for the future of the Danville football team but for the entire school system.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thakattack said:

I would ask with the culture of two different programs.  Which team would be the best team.  Danville ie Somerset.  
Not counting state championships but counting how the culture of the different teams is at this point.  

Coach Lucas left Somerset in a good spot and you rarely hear grumblings about administration and discontent from players and families from Somerset.

• Like 4