Highlands 29 Great Crossing 22 (Frosh)

theguru

Great night for football! GC ran into some traffic traveling and game didn't start till about 7. Very nice crowd for a Freshman game. GC opened the game on O and couldn't do anything. They fumbled and Highlands recovered on the 1/2 yard line but couldn't do anything either. Kinda sloppy in the 1st half by both teams. Like future said, 2nd half was a lot better for both teams.

GC has a very good team and some great players. Emotions got the best of them a few times which in the end may have cost them. I'm sure they will get that under control. Honestly, Highlands should have been up 2/3 td's at the half, just couldn't capitalize of great field position.

Highlands has some serious size on their lines and some hard nosed players. Rio Litmer playing QB this year at the Frosh level will benefit him tremendously moving forward. Excellent running QB with a great arm. More live action pt will only help his passing accuracy. He will for sure be a good one. Was glad to see Spencer Clukey back in action. He did well on the dline. Big target at reciever as well.

I will say though, at times, both teams needed to act like they want to be there. Hard hitting was a no show in this game. Heard the pads clanking only a couple times. It's football boys, not a pillow fight. Many opportunities to make statement tackles that were not taken advantage of.

Highlands, as does GC have some kids that could become some big time football players. Playing and learning at the freshman level will do a lot of these kids good. Time will tell for sure.

Doesn't look to get any easier next week for either team. Highlands is at Cooper and GC is home against Scott Cty. Look to see both teams having great seasons!

• Like 1

Loved the fight out of the birds. Sloppy play early for both teams. Lots of turnovers and penalties. This would be somewhat expected for game 1. Birds overcame a deficit and took the win.

Anyone know who QB #3 was for Great Crossing? He was electric. Made some unreal passes and was nasty when he ran. He will be a player to keep an eye on for sure. 

2 hours ago, Royal Blue said:

Is Mick Hosea now the head frosh coach?  

Real nice. And don’t say you truly didn’t know Mick’s real last name. Enter the hater Folks. There are several in every town. So I’m guessing you were there last night? I wasn’t. What is your take on the game rather than stirring the Pot. Come on man! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Weasbird91 said:

Rio Litmer, Max Gabbard, Isaac Norman and several others played well for HHS. HHS line was really good  on both sides of the ball 2nd half.  Great Crossing is a really good Team, and will win many games this year.

I am going with a big nasty as my player of the game for the Birds. Loved seeing Max Merz making big improvements from last season. Played both ways on the line and dominated. Will be a big contributor on Varsity next season. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

I am going with a big nasty as my player of the game for the Birds. Loved seeing Max Merz making big improvements from last season. Played both ways on the line and dominated. Will be a big contributor on Varsity next season. 

Merz has a bright future. Really impressed with how well he moves for his size too. A lot of times young men that big at that age can hardly move. He has some bend to him and some flex in his hips. 

• Like 1