Who is your school's best Coach of all time?

Bracken County-- Jarvis Parsley

Jerry Hammonds would be my pick. Got ran off because he would not cater to the alum of BC.

Parsley was a parent's coach. Meaning he played a lot of his players not by their skills but by who their parents were. Not to say he didn't win a lot of games, but if I am not mistaken he was coach there much longer then any other coaches. I don't mean to put him down just stating facts. Personally I liked the man, but not the Coach. I knew him in school and out of school. I looked up to him as the Principal. I spent a little time in his office:D , but now I look at it as a good experience.

No offense to Gary Turner, but he isn't and wasn't half the coach Phillip Wood was.

How about Woody Crum at Pendleton County. He was only there for 3 to 4 years, but this guy is a KHSAA Hall of Famer and won over 500 games. He also had a great deal of success in Indiana!

Obviously, Phillip Wood accomplished more at Pendleton County then Coach Crum did, but hard to argue w/his career and his numbers!

Garrard County has had nine different coaches in their history since opening in 1964. Twice a coach has served two stints (Dale Moore, 1964-70, 1986-87 & Dave McDaniel, 1987-90, 1994-97). Cecil Combs is the only coach to have left with a winning record, compiling a 95-90 mark from 1997-2004. He is also the winningest coach in school history, with Wade Upchurch second with 83 wins.

Jerry Hammonds would be my pick. Got ran off because he would not cater to the alum of BC.

Parsley was a parent's coach. Meaning he played a lot of his players not by their skills but by who their parents were. Not to say he didn't win a lot of games, but if I am not mistaken he was coach there much longer then any other coaches. I don't mean to put him down just stating facts. Personally I liked the man, but not the Coach. I knew him in school and out of school. I looked up to him as the Principal. I spent a little time in his office:D , but now I look at it as a good experience.

That happens to a lot of coaches here.