Christmas Favorites...

Jumper_Dad

Multi-part question that could be fun to see others answers. 

<<Just one answer per question, narrow it down 😃>>

What is your favorite Christmas...

1. Homemade Candy? (The #2 reason for the season, Christmas Candy)

2. Non-sweet treat? (Maybe a finger food for Christmas parties, special treat for Christmas meal, basically anything you look forward to that's not a cookie or candy)

3. TV Special as a kid? (Rudolf, Frosty, Grinch, Charlie Brown, others)

4. Movie? (Please no arguing what is or isn't, just list your fave. Not the best necessarily, but your favorite)

5. Family Tradition?

1. Homemade Candy? 

Chocolate covered peanutbutter Buckeyes.

2. Non-sweet treat?

Sausage Balls

3. TV Special as a kid? 

Charlie Brown Christmas 

4. Movie? 

It's a Wonderful Life

5. Family Tradition?

Christmas Eve singing Silent Night in our little candle-lit Church, then games, chili, potato soup and snacks for everyone at our house.

Buckeyes

2. Non-sweet treat? (Maybe a ginger food for Christmas parties, special treat for Christmas meal, basically anything you look forward to that's not a cookie or candy)

Bourbon Hotdogs (Cocktail wieners in BBQ sauce spiked with bourbon of choice)

A Charlie Brown Christmas

4. Movie? (Please no arguing what is or isn't, just list your fave. Not the best necessarily, but your favorite)

Scrooge (The 1951 version of "A Christmas Carol")

5. Family Tradition?

Presents delivered from Santa are done so sans wrapping paper.

• Like 1

What is your favorite Christmas...

Literally have never had homemade candy at any family Christmas party. 😂

2. Non-sweet treat? (Maybe a finger food for Christmas parties, special treat for Christmas meal, basically anything you look forward to that's not a cookie or candy)

Colonels_Wear_Dad's garlic-ranch hard pretzel pieces. (Think Snyder's of Hanover pretzel pieces, except homemade...CWD was making them wayyyyyy before Snyder's ever was.)

Rudolf...for sure, Rudolf.

Holiday Inn (1942). It's the movie that the song "White Christmas" was written for and first appeared in....even sung by Bing Crosby.

5. Family Tradition?

As a kid, we'd go to my grandma & grandpa's on my dad's side for Christmas Eve. Sometime around 9:30 or 10:00pm, Santa Claus would call my grandparents' house and tell my parents that he had just left our house. (He started all his deliveries for the night from our house in Ft. Mitchell...the more intriguing part of which was the fact that my friend down the street didn't have presents from Santa until the morning. We always assumed that meant Santa started at our house, and came all the way back around the earth to finish up at my friend's house.)  Somehow like magic, grandma & grandpa on mom's side would always show up at the house just moments after we got back to open all of our presents.

• Like 1

I've heard it called Cinnamon Glass Candy.  It's hard cinnamon candy with some kind of sugar sprinkled onto it.  I could eat it by the gallon.

Sausage Balls

The Grinch

A Christmas Story

5. Family Tradition?

Christmas Eve at my in-laws, Christmas Eve Worship at church at 10:00 pm, Christmas morning with my wife & daughter, Christmas night at my older sister's.  Been like that since 2007.

• Like 1

1. Buckeyes

2. Shrimp cocktail.  Christmas was the only time my family had shrimp.  Felt like rich people for a day.

3.  The Grinch

4.  As a kid, staying in pajamas most of the day while dad burned wrapping paper in the fireplace and mom cooked a delicious pork roast.

• Like 2

1. Grandma's buckeyes followed by my dad's peanut butter balls and fudge

2. Other grandma's hot dogs in BBQ.  It sounds extremely basic, but there was something about them as a kid I loved.  Both my grandma's had a way of making basic stuff taste so much better than anywhere else.

3. Rudolph

4. Home Alone & Christmas Vacation 

5. Festival of Lights - been going every year since a kid.    

• Like 1