Green County at Mayfield Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Green County
    • Mayfield

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Tracy House said:

If he is one of the 4% that makes it in the league, then yes, But I am referring to a 15 year old young man, who is about 6’1”200 pounds and has good break away speed.

He is a sophomore and at this juncture, meaning at present time He is a very good high school athlete, it would probably be absurd of me to even come close and try to predict if he is going to be a NFL Hall of Famer, he has to get into college first and a lot of things could change between now and then, he may decide that he does not want to play college football.

He gets the most talk about his play at Running back, but Starks’ play at defensive end is where I think he Excels more. Really quick defensive end with a lot of power, really gives Offensive Tackles trouble. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, R1 sports fan said:

He gets the most talk about his play at Running back, but Starks’ play at defensive end is where I think he Excels more. Really quick defensive end with a lot of power, really gives Offensive Tackles trouble. 

Yes.

Maybe I'm wrong but I'd like to see  him moved to linebacker. He has the size and speed.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, R1 sports fan said:

I Agree. He's a nightmare at that position.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

Yes.

Maybe I'm wrong but I'd like to see  him moved to linebacker. He has the size and speed.

I was very surprised they played kylan at LB Friday night. I haven't seen him on defense all season. He was the game changer imo.

1 hour ago, R1 sports fan said:

He is just a all around athlete, just imagine if he got 15 touches a game, and oh my goodness when he completely learns that DE position.

Starks has more breakaway speed than Galbreath, but Galbreath has much better agility and tackle breaking ability is smaller space, hardly EVER gets brought down by one tackler.  Starks can break tackles, but he needs more room to build momentum.  Maybe in the future Starks will get more run at RB, but right now that would be silly with a senior already performing as well as Galbreath has.  The coaching staff seems to have found the right combo, with Galbreath getting around 70% of the touches and Starks at 30%.  I really like Starks as a late game RB, where the defense will be tired and he is fresh from only playing one way.  I like Starks staying at DE.  I don't think Mayfield will find anyone to play that position as well as him, and Mayfield tends to have players athletic enough to fill in and play LB, not so much at DE.  I also think he can pretty much lock up one side of the field playing DE.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Tigerallamerican said:

Mayfield by at least 3 TD’s. So let’s fast forward to next week. Does Mayfield challenge BW in The semis? The only team to give BW trouble this year was Dixie who just got embarrassed by Ryle. 

Plenty of time for that next week. But it is easy to answer whether Mayfield can challenge Beechwood. There have been 2 games in the last dozen years that Mayfield did not win or challenge in a close game. Anyone who doesn't expect Mayfield to be a challenge for Beechwood is fooling themselves.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Tigerallamerican said:

Mayfield by at least 3 TD’s. So let’s fast forward to next week. Does Mayfield challenge BW in The semis? The only team to give BW trouble this year was Dixie who just got embarrassed by 

I thought Mayfield would play LCA next week(if the win).🤔

7 minutes ago, Tigerallamerican said:

Nope if LCA wins the semi's are realigned by the RPI. Since LCA is #1 they play the lowest remaining seed which should be the winner of Middlesboro vs West Carter. Mayfield goes to Beechwood. 

Thank you. I'm still trying to figure the RPI out.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tigerallamerican said:

RPI is all about who you schedule. You're about to see some teams who think they are good because they spanked a bunch of JV level programs get a big dose of big boy football tomorrow night. 

I do agree we are to the big boy football round.

Back in the day, and I know some people laugh about the comparison, this was the first round of the playoffs.  Additionally, there were only four classes instead of six.   When you win in the third round it is one of two things, either you are really good and/or the RPI has been kind to you.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, theguru said:

I do agree we are to the big boy football round.

Back in the day, and I know some people laugh about the comparison, this was the first round of the playoffs.  Additionally, there were only four classes instead of six.   When you win in the third round it is one of two things, either you are really good and/or the RPI has been kind to you.

Agree. I think the RPI is all about how you schedule. Case in point LCA. Top RPI in all classes. That’s what happens when you play Mad Central, CAL, Belfry, Boyle, Lex Cath and Pikeville just to start the season. It helps even more when you beat them. It’s a chess match that starts long before the season starts. The problem is the smaller class powerhouses are going to have trouble scheduling games. 6A schools don’t want 2A smoke lol. I understand playing a softer schedule if your trying to build your program and player confidence but that will bite you in the butt come November. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigerallamerican said:

RPI is all about who you schedule. You're about to see some teams who think they are good because they spanked a bunch of JV level programs get a big dose of big boy football tomorrow night. 

I’m not sure Mayfield is any better than Taylor County when it comes to just pure athletes. Green has seen its share of big and stronger linemen too, Look no further than Taylor County with a young man with an offer from UK. 
I like the scheme Mayfield uses much more, and they have a QB who can throw the ball much better than the Taylor QB, and that’s what we will have to stop. It seems Mayfield is much better with play calling and using what you give them.
Green hasn’t played a team this year who throws the ball as well as Mayfield, no question on that. If green can stop the run of Mayfield and get pressure on the QB and control the clock, they have a shot in this game. I think some are writing the Dragons off a little to early. They have some really nice players themselves, and I can’t wait for them to get the chance to show it Friday. 

• Like 1