Green County at Mayfield Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Green County
    • Mayfield

This poll is closed to new votes

What an amazing season for Green County! First head coach Colt Phelps has to be in the running for coach of the year. Green County's last winning season was 9 years ago. The last season they won a playoff game was 11 years ago. Last year they had one win. The Dragons enter this regional championship playoff game 11-1 sitting #6 in KHSAA RPI in 2A. They are a ground focused offense having thrown only 69 passes all season. Blake Houchins and Julian Seymour both have over 1,000 yards rushing on the season. Add Kelsey McKinney with 724 yards rushing and Zach Ferguson with 636 yards. Green County is #2 in 2A in rushing yards. I think they are going to try and run the ball.

Mayfield may be licking their chops seeing the lack of a passing game. They just shellacked ground focused Murray last week. But then again, Murray was able to use a ground game to pull a big upset on the Cardinals just a few weeks ago. The Cardinals have a much more balanced attack. QB Zane Cartwright is right at 2,000 yards passing and RB Kylan Galbreath has over 1,200 yards rushing. The Cardinals may have their work cut for them against Green County's defense which is #2 in 2A in points allowed.

Will Mayfield perhaps look ahead to a possible Beechwood matchup and overlook a very good Green County team? Statistically, this game looks closer than what some people may be expecting. Can the Dragons pull the upset?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Zane has exactly 2000 yards passing, Kylan has about 1564 yards rushing, now for you Green County faithful, do not, I repeat do not, travel to the high school, the school does not play their games on campus and due to the stadium not having a postal address per se my suggestion is to Google Mayfield Graves County Sr Citizens Building 901 North 15th St which is adjacent to the stadium and welcome to Mayfield.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

Believe it or not I was at this game. Green County had a very good qb as I recall. 

That was the year before the 1st Championship Appearance if I’m correct in 1976. The REST is History. ESPN WORTHY 

I honestly don't know what to expect with this game. The dragons are going to come right after Mayfield, but I'm not sure we can beat Mayfield without throwing the ball some and having some things go our way. Mayfield is also super quick and I think it will be hard to get the edge on them. The Dragons will have to hit them up the middle and try and keep the ball away from Mayfield, something similar to what Murray did the first game. Either way, the Dragons are playing with house money and have had one heck of a year and one to remember. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bud_Kilmer said:

Great season dragons, but Mayfield by as many as they want!

I think Mayfield wins comfortably but I think this prediction could be based off school names I think Green puts up a fight especially early but Mayfield pulls way in the second half and wins by about 20.

I don't see Mayfield being unbeatable. Murray proved that a few weeks ago. I'm thinking this game will be closer then some might think. Green co looked good Friday night. Mayfield got the win Friday night and got revenge on Murray. Mayfield is a little better balanced then green. Key of the game is gonna be TOP. If Green can keep Mayfield offence off the feild they will have a good chance at pulling the upset. Congrats to Green on the great season but it's not over yet. Im gonna pick Green by 2