Green County at Mayfield Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Green County
    • Mayfield

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, GC-Dragons said:

I’m not sure Mayfield is any better than Taylor County when it comes to just pure athletes. Green has seen its share of big and stronger linemen too, Look no further than Taylor County with a young man with an offer from UK. 
I like the scheme Mayfield uses much more, and they have a QB who can throw the ball much better than the Taylor QB, and that’s what we will have to stop. It seems Mayfield is much better with play calling and using what you give them.
Green hasn’t played a team this year who throws the ball as well as Mayfield, no question on that. If green can stop the run of Mayfield and get pressure on the QB and control the clock, they have a shot in this game. I think some are writing the Dragons off a little to early. They have some really nice players themselves, and I can’t wait for them to get the chance to show it Friday. 

I agree on the bold!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GC-Dragons said:

I’m not sure Mayfield is any better than Taylor County when it comes to just pure athletes. Green has seen its share of big and stronger linemen too, Look no further than Taylor County with a young man with an offer from UK. 
I like the scheme Mayfield uses much more, and they have a QB who can throw the ball much better than the Taylor QB, and that’s what we will have to stop. It seems Mayfield is much better with play calling and using what you give them.
Green hasn’t played a team this year who throws the ball as well as Mayfield, no question on that. If green can stop the run of Mayfield and get pressure on the QB and control the clock, they have a shot in this game. I think some are writing the Dragons off a little to early. They have some really nice players themselves, and I can’t wait for them to get the chance to show it Friday. 

Once again, welcome to Mayfield, we hope and pray that your travel is safe, none of the competitors are hurt, and the game will be played in the best sportsmanship.

I am sure you all will be entertained by the Mayfield fans that will be on your side of the field, I will try to get over and say hello to some of you, just ask where I am, I do not use a moniker, I go by my real name.

Blessings!

• Like 2

I can't wait to watch this game tomorrow night. Green  The #2 Rushing team vs Mayfield the #3 Rush defense and # 4 Team Defense. 

Mayfield the #8 passing team and #18 rushing team vs #6 pass defense and #5 rush defense #1 in sacks #2 Team Defense. 

I still think it's too early to think about next week. For the ones that say they are not good enough we shall see.  I'm almost positive that this will be a close game. If the dragons are able to unleash the run attack on Mayfield Green will pull the upset in this game. 

I was always taught not to count my chickens before they hatch.  10 point computer Generated model is pretty close to say they could be a upset in the air.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tracy House said:

Once again, welcome to Mayfield, we hope and pray that your travel is safe, none of the competitors are hurt, and the game will be played in the best sportsmanship.

I am sure you all will be entertained by the Mayfield fans that will be on your side of the field, I will try to get over and say hello to some of you, just ask where I am, I do not use a moniker, I go by my real name.

Blessings!

Mayfield fans will definitley let dragon fans and players know of their presence. They do not hold back much, just a warning.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, GC-Dragons said:

Anyone looking at this matchup objectively is gonna pick Mayfield.  Does that mean Green County can't pull out a win?  Absolutely not.  The only team to beat Mayfield was run-oriented.  That alone should give Green County some confidence.  The biggest swaying factor, as you pointed out, is the scheduling.  Green County wins 4 or 5 games if they play Mayfield's schedule, IMO.  Does that matter to either team playing Friday night?  NO.  Everyone's record is 0-0.

• Like 2

On 11/18/2021 at 11:22 AM, theguru said:

I agree on the bold!

Some strange sightings reported around Mayfield today. Their appearance is reportedly Green looking Dragon like creatures according to early sightings.  Joe Morris has been ask to lead some men out to slay these things.  🤣 

1 minute ago, Toothpick said:

Some strange sightings reported around Mayfield today. Their appearance is reportedly Green looking Dragon like creatures according to early sightings.  Joe Morris has been ask to lead some men out to slay these things.  🤣 

It is going to take a lot Cardinals to slay a Dragon!

Mayfield does not let you pressure their QB. If you blitz them, they will screen you unlike any screen game you (Green County) have seen all year. You have to have a physical running game and try to control the clock against Mayfield in these type of games and avoid giving them big plays for touchdowns. 

It’s just so hard to go into War Memorial at any time and come out with a win. Even harder during the playoffs. 

• Like 1