College Football Playoff Predictor

Walter

13 hours ago, Walter said:

In regards to Cincinnati, they're being given a 90% chance to make the playoff if they finish the regular season undefeated and win their CCG. 

Screenshot_20211012-085457~2.png

I think UC will have a tough time staying in front of whoever ends up B1G champ.

If UGA wins out or only loses once, I think they get in.

Oklahoma is already ahead of UC, if they win out, they are in.

Bama needs to win out and win SEC title to get it.

So the way I see it UC needs to win out and get help with Bama or OU losing...or pray that the B1G schools eat themselves and all pick up at least 1 more loss.

4 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I think UC will have a tough time staying in front of whoever ends up B1G champ.

If UGA wins out or only loses once, I think they get in.

Oklahoma is already ahead of UC, if they win out, they are in.

Bama needs to win out and win SEC title to get it.

So the way I see it UC needs to win out and get help with Bama or OU losing...or pray that the B1G schools eat themselves and all pick up at least 1 more loss.

I don't see it being that complicated for UC to get in. 

1. Finish undefeated

2. Georgia wins the SEC 

3. Iowa wins the B1G

In that scenario, it really doesn't matter what Oklahoma does because the B1G runner up likely has 2 losses and Bama has 2 losses. And Oklahoma is currently 4th in the AP poll. UC is 3rd. When looking at the two teams and how the two have played so far, most agree that UC has looked like the better team. Let's not forget Oklahoma has won every FBS game by 7 or less points, including a 5 point home win over Tulane.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Walter said:

1. Finish undefeated

2. Georgia wins the SEC 

3. Iowa wins the B1G

In that scenario, it really doesn't matter what Oklahoma does because the B1G runner up likely has 2 losses and Bama has 2 losses. And Oklahoma is currently 4th in the AP poll. UC is 3rd. When looking at the two teams and how the two have played so far, most agree that UC has looked like the better team. Let's not forget Oklahoma has won every FBS game by 7 or less points, including a 5 point home win over Tulane.

UK could potentially hurt UC’s chances if UK were to find a way to beat Georgia this week. 

6 hours ago, Walter said:

1. Finish undefeated

2. Georgia wins the SEC 

3. Iowa wins the B1G

Still a lot of moving parts with this, the most important of which is that we are only now halfway through the season. A lot can change. Again, UC's best case is to annihilate all competition in their way. Close calls or battles with .500 AAC foes are going to be viewed as losses.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Still a lot of moving parts with this, the most important of which is that we are only now halfway through the season. A lot can change. Again, UC's best case is to annihilate all competition in their way. Close calls or battles with .500 AAC foes are going to be viewed as losses.

Yep. UC has zero margin for error. They need multiple score victories in every game they have left.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Walter said:

1. Finish undefeated

2. Georgia wins the SEC 

3. Iowa wins the B1G

Iowa and Bama winning their rematch game is a concern.  I hope everyone doesn’t forget about UC since they aren’t playing anyone the rest of the year.  Which talking head will start saying this in early November?

1 minute ago, John Anthony said:

Iowa and Bama winning their rematch game is a concern.  I hope everyone doesn’t forget about UC since they aren’t playing anyone the rest of the year.  Which talking head will start saying this in early November?

A lot of them. Which, in fairness, it will be a legit point to consider.

1 hour ago, John Anthony said:

I like Bama's odds of getting in more than Iowa. Penn State was rolling before Clifford got hurt. And Iowa's offense is terrible. They've punted as many times as UConn this year. Defense can only carry you so far. 

I personally think Oklahoma loses on the road at Baylor or at Oklahoma State but it will be interesting to see how the committee views both UC and Oklahoma at the end of the season if Oklahoma wins the B12 and has a loss but UC is undefeated with a win over a top 15 Notre Dame on the road and two more top 25 wins over SMU. 

I have to believe OSU wins the Big Ten East and the Conference Championship Game. Too many athletes. No way UC gets in even if they do the same and end up 13-0. It'll be the old "eye test". These next 6-8 weeks will be interesting. Would love to see UC get a shot... really nice team!!