June Buchanan 76 Pendleton County 65

nWo

Stepp is not a D-1 player. I was much more impressed with Cox.

And still another team with some height exaggeration on the roster ... Stepp 6-4 and the big kid at 6-10? Hardly.

I have never seen Stepp or Collins listed at 6'4 and 6'10.

Where'd you get that??? If that's what June Buchanan's coaches listed on the program roster in this tournament, then they've stretched those two out in the last few weeks. They would not be doing these young men any favors by listing them bigger than they actually are. Most observers and recruiters can get a fairly good judgement on a players size as soon as they walk in the gym.

Stepp is usually listed at 6'2 and Collins at 6'7, sometimes 6'8.

My opinion on Stepp, and I haven't seen him since last year, is he could possibly play at a mid-level D-1 college, but I think he'd be better off, and have more fun, going to an NAIA or D-2 school.

We must remember, he's stll got the rest of this season, next summer, and his senior year at JBS, to get ready for the next level.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stepp is not a D-1 player. I was much more impressed with Cox.

And still another team with some height exaggeration on the roster ... Stepp 6-4 and the big kid at 6-10? Hardly.

Cox is their best player, hes going to be really good. I've never been impressed by Stepp at all, thats just me but I've really never seen him do anything that sets him apart from anyone else, he's an average HS player IMO who just has the green light all the time because his family basically runs the program and can do no wrong. Cox could be great if he was in a system designed around him. I'm not wanting to upset anyoneone but that is just my honest opinion on this.

He has played since his 7th or 8th grade year. But, I think Stepp is a very good player. I do agree that Cox is the player you need to watch out for. He is a very good player and only a freshman. I think we will here more out of him his senior year then we will out of Stepp. Two good players though.

I agree with Stepp understanding the game. He was grown up with it and has great knowledge. You can see that on the floor. He has a lot of time to get better as well. I am no one to judge if a player is D1 or not. I can see him playing for a small D1 right now.

I have never seen Stepp or Collins listed at 6'4 and 6'10.

Where'd you get that???

The 5/3 program.

Stepp is usually listed at 6'2 and Collins at 6'7, sometimes 6'8.
Those seem much more accurate.

My opinion on Stepp, and I haven't seen him since last year, is he could possibly play at a mid-level D-1 college, but I think he'd be better off, and have more fun, going to an NAIA or D-2 school.

We must remember, he's stll got the rest of this season, next summer, and his senior year at JBS, to get ready for the next level.

I wouldn't disagree.

Anyone who thinks that Stepp can't play D-I doesn't have a clue. His best attribute is his understanding of the game and he has a game to go along with it. Just because UK isn't all over him doesn't mean he can't play D-I.

UK wasn't "all over" Chris Lofton either, and he turned out OK!! In fact, if Tubby doesn't start getting all over some of these quality KY kids, it may be all over for him at UK!!

Does Pendleton have another game in Lexington?

No, they are done.... We lost to Lincoln County and it was not pretty.... The Wildcats played a very good game against June Bucanan, and played a very sloppy game against Lincoln County. I would think that Lincoln County would be easier to play against, but they definetly didn't show up against them... They will be practicing 3 hours today and the coach was not happy with them at the end of the game.....

I wouldn't want to be at their practice the next coulpe days....

Good Luck Cats against Harrison County in the MCIT....

No, they are done.... We lost to Lincoln County and it was not pretty.... The Wildcats played a very good game against June Bucanan, and played a very sloppy game against Lincoln County. I would think that Lincoln County would be easier to play against, but they definetly didn't show up against them... They will be practicing 3 hours today and the coach was not happy with them at the end of the game.....

I wouldn't want to be at their practice the next coulpe days....

Good Luck Cats against Harrison County in the MCIT....

They'll do fine against Harrison; any idea who would they play next, I can't seem to find the MCIT brackets?

They'll do fine against Harrison; any idea who would they play next, I can't seem to find the MCIT brackets?

If you go to the scoreboard, pull up Pendleton on it and then hit where it say MCIT. That will kind of sort thing out for you. I don't know who plays who if Pendleton/Harrison wins. If you figure it out let me know. Thanks!!! Go Cats!!

I think the Cats will get better with their young talent. I just don't know who will step up next year, because the young players do have talent they just need to learn how to play together and stop the turnovers, cause they are killing us!!!