Highlands Football loses another bigger than life alum - Rob Reynolds

Word spread quickly throughout Facebook yesterday that we have lost yet another standout Highlands football alum in Rob Reynolds (class of 1993).

If you followed NKY Football in the early 1990’s Rob Reynolds and John Schlarman were the Dynamic duo lineman on the 1992 State Championship team.  Before you had Smith & Lorenzen, there was Schlarman & Reynolds!

Rob along with John both went down to the University of Kentucky to play football.

His adult life was filled with stories of him giving back to so many.  He was involved a few years ago with the Jr Football league in Fort Thomas.  

He also went and was on the construction team building the One World Trade Center.

I am sure there are sooooo many more stories I could go on and on and on about.

He was a gentle Giant!

Rest in Peace #71

Prayers to his many family and friends.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

• theguru changed the title to Highlands Football loses another bigger than life alum - Rob Reynolds

My first year as the head coach of Paris, 1992, went to a Highlands playoff practice and watched the defensive line scheme period... which is still my preferred way to review and teach, inseason. I believe they beat Ashland that week and eventually won the state title. When John and Rob both got into coaching, we became friends. Miss them both, but thankful for two guys that had big hearts, loved others, and made such a positive impact on those around them. 

• Like 2

So incredibly sad. I played against both during my senior season in 1992. I had the unfortunate assignment of - as an undersized speed DT - going up against Rob (regular seasons win) and John (post season loss). Both soundly and decisively won our matchups in the trenches lol. 

Rob was a fantastic football player and I always rooted for him, John and Dave Berringer at UK. Sure would have liked to have know him as an adult…sounds like he was a great man and friend to many. 

Sad news to hear 😞 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Word spread quickly throughout Facebook yesterday that we have lost yet another standout Highlands football alum in Rob Reynolds (class of 1993).

If you followed NKY Football in the early 1990’s Rob Reynolds and John Schlarman were the Dynamic duo lineman on the 1992 State Championship team.  Before you had Smith & Lorenzen, there was Schlarman & Reynolds!

Rob along with John both went down to the University of Kentucky to play football.

His adult life was filled with stories of him giving back to so many.  He was involved a few years ago with the Jr Football league in Fort Thomas.  

He also went and was on the construction team building the One World Trade Center.

I am sure there are sooooo many more stories I could go on and on and on about.

He was a gentle Giant!

Rest in Peace #71

Prayers to his many family and friends.

Sorry about your loss.  I heard he was as great guy. 

12 hours ago, BrosefStalin said:

So incredibly sad. I played against both during my senior season in 1992. I had the unfortunate assignment of - as an undersized speed DT - going up against Rob (regular seasons win) and John (post season loss). Both soundly and decisively won our matchups in the trenches lol. 

Rob was a fantastic football player and I always rooted for him, John and Dave Berringer at UK. Sure would have liked to have know him as an adult…sounds like he was a great man and friend to many. 

Sad news to hear 😞 

I didn’t know Rob but from seeing what my former teammates at Beechwood along with my wife who is a Highlands grad that he was one hell of a guy. My prayers are with his family.