Bowling Green 14 McCracken County 10

theguru

6 minutes ago, theguru said:

There is no excuse for that.  Hopefully they gained a lot of experience tonight.

Again, this is just how I viewed it from my seat at home. Maybe someone who was there will have better context. It was just strange all the way around. 

1 minute ago, BillNye said:

Again, this is just how I viewed it from my seat at home. Maybe someone who was there will have better context. It was just strange all the way around. 

I hear ya, I am just sitting in my Ivory Tower, you have been here. 🙂

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BillNye said:

From watching online, I think it’s important to add that was as poorly officiated final quarter I’ve seen in a while. 

Maybe I’m the only one. 

This has been a big problem in a lot of games early this season. No one minds the 50/50 calls much, it's the egregious calls made  or not made that a 3rd  grader could make that get you. 

Yes, I understand the shortage and situation they're in and am trying to figure out how to make time work to become an official myself. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BillNye said:

From watching online, I think it’s important to add that was as poorly officiated final quarter I’ve seen in a while. 

Maybe I’m the only one. 

One of the worst overall officiated games I've ever seen. That crew should be broken up up immediately and never work together again. I'm not too sure some shouldn't lose their job all together. 

2 hours ago, Socially Distanced said:

Sounds like McCracken game and PT-Graves have some people questioning the refs. If it is anything like basketball this past spring and summer they are working new faces into crews and are still a little short handed. 

Hopefully it all gets worked out. It's great to have football on Fridays in August again! 

End of the half between Graves and PT was inexcusable. So much wrong happened I’m not sure even how to word it.

It was like they were just guessing on every call. They said PT rb fumbled when he was clearly down. Said our Rb was short of the goaline right in front of where I was standing and he was clearly in.

I understand it’s wrong to bad mouth refs, but these kids and coaches work too hard for this. 

Just rolled back into Bowling Green from Paducah.

Well it was a gritty win for the Purples but a win is a win. A gutted out win is something you just have to take some times. Props to the Purples for the fight and not giving up. 

BG didn't look any better this week than they did last week. Major problems on offense and unless some tough personnel decisions are made it just not going to get any better. And to be honest this BG team just has a low ceiling compared to the usual BG teams. The offense is just bad. BUT Bowling Green did win a state championship last year. So I guess you can't just be great every single year. 

Defense did a great job. They were on the field most of the second half. Surprised they still had the energy to make some stops late in the game.

One of the worst officiated games I've ever seen. Just about every blown or controversial call went against the Purples. And there were a bunch. They also let McCracken basically get extra time outs late in the game due to "discussions". This crew should be broken up immediately and never allowed to work together again. I'm not too sure some of them shouldn't lose their job. It was baffling. I love this rivalry and I think it's great for both teams to play each other every year. I appreciate McCracken's stadium and everyone I ran into there has always been nice. BUT if these are the type of refs they are going to get up there, I wouldn't blame BG if they dropped the game in the future. This has happened multiple years there. 

Great job by the Purples to gut out win. BG is just going to struggle this season. I heard one BG fan sum it up best, "we all better grab some hot tea and a lemon cause it's going to be a long season." 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Flea Market said:

That was probably one of the most experienced crews in this area. Several college officials and 4 of the seven guys have rings? When you take your time and talk things over and get it right, I have no problem. For a High School game like this they did fine. 

Most puzzling statement in this forum. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I only caught bits and pieces.  I saw a McCracken kid make a catch and got his helmet knocked off....I think they called a personal foul.  Looked like a good call, but I missed these other theatrics.

• Thanks 1

To be honest refs make good calls and bad calls in every game. They do the best they can it’s not like they’re getting NFL pay. That’s why they’re not NFL caliber oh that’s right they make mistakes too it’s just the nature of the beast. 

It appears this BG fan thinks BG should get all the calls like they do at home. When you go on the road you get this. BG is always accused at getting the home court advantage by the visiting teams over the years. This guy is upset that his son got called for something that he did not understand. I always hear the KHSAA is looking for officials? Might be a good hobby for 59 to pick up. Bottom line it was a great high school game and 59 should enjoy it and be happy there is football right now. With Covid nothing is guaranteed!!!

Sounds like a defensive battle. BG quarterback is young and doesn't always make the right decisions but will get better with more game time experience. I think Bowling Green will improve as the season progresses and will still make a playoff run at the end of the season. Sounds like the referees didn't have a great game either. All will improve as the season advances. 

• Like 1