Aaron Rodgers - Doesn't want to be a Packer anymore?

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Something is off...

13 hours ago, The Raven said:

To me, for the first time, he just looked old today.

1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I thought his face looked a lot thinner too.

Maybe it was the State Farm Aaron Rodgers stand-in who played yesterday.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, The Raven said:

Helps when you are playing Detroit.

... without their top corner and starting backup corner out with injury. Don't get me wrong, some of the throws Rodgers made were incredible, but his degree of difficulty was about a 2 on a scale of 1-10. Think I heard Rodgers averaged 2.2 yards per pass the first half?

Rodgers wasn't worried after week 1 because really, what is there to worry about in that division?

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

... without their top corner and starting backup corner out with injury. Don't get me wrong, some of the throws Rodgers made were incredible, but his degree of difficulty was about a 2 on a scale of 1-10. Think I heard Rodgers averaged 2.2 yards per pass the first half?

Rodgers wasn't worried after week 1 because really, what is there to worry about in that division?

Must've heard that from some Rodgers haters then.  I went and looked it up in the play-by-play...he had passes of 18, 19, 4 (for a TD), 5, 6, 9, 13, and 1 (for a TD) yards in the first half.  That's 75 yards on 8 of 10 passing.  The main reason there were no big bombs in the first half was that Detroit was playing with 2 high safeties...so the "easy" plays were the runs and the shorter passes underneath.  But, is there really anything wrong with them, if they're resulting in scores?

I'll take my cues on how he was playing from the guys who've been out there before.  Peyton's reaction to the one TD in the second half was classic.

Peyton Manning can't believe this throw from Aaron Rodgers - YouTube

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

Must've heard that from some Rodgers haters then.  I went and looked it up in the play-by-play...he had passes of 18, 19, 4 (for a TD), 5, 6, 9, 13, and 1 (for a TD) yards in the first half.  That's 75 yards on 8 of 10 passing.  The main reason there were no big bombs in the first half was that Detroit was playing with 2 high safeties...so the "easy" plays were the runs and the shorter passes underneath.  But, is there really anything wrong with them, if they're resulting in scores?

I'll take my cues on how he was playing from the guys who've been out there before.  Peyton's reaction to the one TD in the second half was classic.

Peyton Manning can't believe this throw from Aaron Rodgers - YouTube

No. I'm not talking about per completion, I'm saying the first half passes were mainly short drop offs that didn't go more than a couple yards. A screen to Aaron Jones going for 15 yards (eg.). He was dumping off the ball early and often is all that it means.

12 minutes ago, bugatti said:

No. I'm not talking about per completion, I'm saying the first half passes were mainly short drop offs that didn't go more than a couple yards. A screen to Aaron Jones going for 15 yards (eg.). He was dumping off the ball early and often is all that it means.

Are you saying that's a bad thing? If he dumped it off 1 yard on the safest throw he can attempt and Jones then picks up 14 more, is that a bad thing? 

No shot at you there, I'm just confused how it matters. lol

2 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Are you saying that's a bad thing? If he dumped it off 1 yard on the safest throw he can attempt and Jones then picks up 14 more, is that a bad thing? 

No shot at you there, I'm just confused how it matters. lol

No, it doesn't matter and not hating on him, I was simply citing a stat. Just bringing perspective that it wasn't like Rodgers was wheeling and dealing his way going down the field. Though he did have a couple downfield throws that were sweet! Nobody throws a prettier ball that Aaron. He has made a career of not risking too much and it has paid off. I do think he is a terrible leader that loves being a diva, but that is a whole other discussion 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I realize he's playing a lot better than he did in week one, but for how much longer will the rest of the Packers roster put up with his "Everything is your fault, I don't make bad plays" attitude.   Every incomplete pass is followed by the "I can't believe you did that" look.