Aaron Rodgers - Doesn't want to be a Packer anymore?

Big news breaking just a few hours before the NFL draft.  The reining MVP tells the Green Bay Packers he does not want to return to the team.

Will we see him traded tonight?

Will the Pack wait him out?  If so, I think he's willing to sit.

Does he get traded later this summer?

2 hours ago, theguru said:

Rodgers has always seemed a little sensitive to me but if you are a team looking for a QB he has to be the top guy. 

I have gotten to see a different side of him this past season, watching him on the Pat McAfee show each week.  My opinion of him has completely changed. He is super smart, but also very reserved. I can see how some people might look at him being sensitive. 

I think the Packers screwed the pooch on this, starting with last year's draft. I think Aaron looked at this past season as a job application for a new job.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

I have gotten to see a different side of him this past season, watching him on the Pat McAfee show each week.  My opinion of him has completely changed. He is super smart, but also very reserved. I can see how some people might look at him being sensitive. 

I think the Packers screwed the pooch on this, starting with last year's draft. I think Aaron looked at this past season as a job application for a new job.

Clearly very smart and I love watching him play football but I am still sticking with sensitive. 

2 hours ago, theguru said:

The timing seems odd.

Rodgers has always seemed a little sensitive to me but if you are a team looking for a QB he has to be the top guy. 

The timing is weird for sure. But it sounds like Rodgers has told multiple Packers staff this throughout the off season. So the timing of the news is on the Packers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Packers cut their dead money in half if they move him after June 1st.

I wonder how this news affected the draft last night.  If you were a team that thought about trading up to get one of the QB's last night, or were even in a spot to get one initially...do you hold off, and fill another need, with the hopes of landing Aaron later?  Don't know that we'll ever know the answer to that.

2 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

I wonder how this news affected the draft last night.  If you were a team that thought about trading up to get one of the QB's last night, or were even in a spot to get one initially...do you hold off, and fill another need, with the hopes of landing Aaron later?  Don't know that we'll ever know the answer to that.

Yeah, I mean its a great question.  But, would you rather take on a rookie in the first round with a rookie contract or Rodgers' contract?  I'd imagine that's definitely a factor too, even though I'm sure everyone would have to have Rodgers as their QB for a year or three.

On 4/29/2021 at 2:38 PM, catholicdude said:

"Jerk" would be the more appropriate word.  

This here. I can’t think Rodgers is that well liked as a teammate, or by as evidence of the Packers, not well liked as a franchise leader.

The only first round pick on offense for the Packers in the last 10 years was for Jordan Love. I get him being upset about all that. However, I think this is largely about what these things are always about - money. The Packers need to renegotiate his contract and show a commitment to him. That will solve everything.

On 4/29/2021 at 4:41 PM, theguru said:

The timing seems odd.

Now we find out today, that Schefter sat on the story and decided to release it on draft day.  It was a freakin' PR piece for ESPN!  They wanted everyone there at the draft saying "Adam Schefter/ESPN reporting that..."  Everybody got played.

Schefter was on the Dan Patrick Show and said this was just an accumulation of information that'd been gathered since the end of last year.  There was nothing new...no phone call, no text, nothing...that came out that day.  He just decided that "it was going to get out there sometime, so why not release it now?"

• Thanks 1