Christian County/Hopkinsville Consolidation? (Update: Yes)

On 5/18/2021 at 4:21 PM, snakesnot_2000 said:

I agree it doesn't mean State Championships but every once in a while I believe they would have a bunch that would win a State title in football and especially basketball.

I don’t see that at all especially since Christian Co has really struggled as of late I would see a merger forming a team similar to Henderson, Daviess or McCracken good teams but certainly not competition for the Louisville schools.

1 hour ago, Tkinslow said:

I don’t see that at all especially since Christian Co has really struggled as of late I would see a merger forming a team similar to Henderson, Daviess or McCracken good teams but certainly not competition for the Louisville schools.

As you said CC has struggled of late but they have had in the past some excellent teams and like I said every so often I would expect CC and Hoptown to have the right combination of boys to compete with the Louisville schools.

• 2 months later...
  • Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to Christian County/Hopkinsville Consolidation? (UPDATE: Yes)
11 hours ago, Purple88 said:

This will have ripple effects. 
one is 5A Districts 1 and 2 will likely realign with Christian Co moving up and out. 

Would not be surprise they stay in 5A the first year like Mercer did. Going take 2 years for the school to be finished. They might merge athletes into teams next season thus keeping them at 5A for a season. 

Awful decision. The community was against this, but the board and community leaders played dirty politics. There was a school board election last November and consolidation was never mentioned. Then right after the election they start planning the process and rush this vote through where voters did not have a say. Very shameful to not let the actual people have a say in their future.

They knew this community wasn't for it and did everything they could to keep it off the ballot.

They youth sports in Hoptown have declined because most kids give up when they they know they aren't on the best travel or all star team and that is going to be worse now. Basketball will be a powerhouse and UHA will gain a lot from this as well. They will never win in 6A football unless changes are made and the Catholic schools are gone.

• theguru changed the title to Christian County/Hopkinsville Consolidation? (Update: Yes)