Christian County/Hopkinsville Consolidation? (Update: Yes)

On 1/21/2022 at 4:06 PM, Tigerallamerican said:

It will be interesting. A goldmine of talent that can produce some big time players if under the right leadership. I expect this job to have a lot of extra "perks." 

What would these “extra perks” of which you speak consist of? 

On 1/21/2022 at 11:33 AM, Tigerallamerican said:

Rumor mill is that they went whale hunting down US 27 in the central part of the state that has ties to the area. IF, they were able to land this whale it would be a huge get and might put Trinity on high alert lol. 

Apparently the Whale along with all the other "Big Fish" flopped off the hook and have all ran and hid! 

Looks like its on to Plan B or C or G or whatever now! 

• Haha 1

I hope they don’t name the new school Christian County Central. There are so many Centrals out there it’s ridiculous. I watched a streamed game a couple years ago in the WYMT Mountain Classic between Knox Central and Floyd Central and both team’s jersey name was “CENTRAL”. So, Central was playing Central. 😄

I like what Harlan County did when they consolidated Cawood, Cumberland and Evarts. They simply went with Harlan County High School. Bell County did the same when they consolidated Bell County High and Lone Jack.
Of course in the Christian County-Hopkinsville merger Hoptown folk may not be too happy if they called it Christian County. So they may have to come up with a new name or do what Allen County-Scottsville did and simply use both school names. 

25 minutes ago, KingDeuce said:

When will they post the position for the consolidated job? 

From the rumors in the western part of the state they are trying to get a big fish or “whale” to take the Hopkinsville job for this year with the intention to move them into the merged school as HC in Jan. 2023. 

Could be all smoke but usually where there is smoke there is fire. 

• 3 weeks later...