Florida 34 Kentucky 10

16thBBall Fan

• theguru changed the title to Florida 34 Kentucky 10
1 hour ago, Bert said:

Game was worse than the score.

I disagree, I think Kentucky easily could have been up going into the 2nd half. They rushed for 170 yards in the first half alone.  Had the Gators stopped on first scoring drive of the 2nd half, but 3-15 yard penalties basically gave the Gators a TD.

Yeah, they could have played better...but overall they were a handful of plays and penalties from being right in this game.

Down 18 players, I was afraid they would wear down or give up...but they fought the entire game. 

Pitts is just so dominant, its not embarrassing if that dude is scoring on you. He may be the best offensive TE that I can remember seeing in college football. 

18 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I disagree, I think Kentucky easily could have been up going into the 2nd half. They rushed for 170 yards in the first half alone.  Had the Gators stopped on first scoring drive of the 2nd half, but 3-15 yard penalties basically gave the Gators a TD.

Yeah, they could have played better...but overall they were a handful of plays and penalties from being right in this game.

Down 18 players, I was afraid they would wear down or give up...but they fought the entire game. 

Pitts is just so dominant, its not embarrassing if that dude is scoring on you. He may be the best offensive TE that I can remember seeing in college football. 

Totally agree!!!  SHOULD’VE been up at half, TERRIBLE TO by Stoops with 1:20 to go!!  Frame of mind this team has been in it would’ve been HUGE for them to have that ahead at half feeling, end of the half just destroyed them, as a head coach you HAVE to know that!!!

• Like 2

Stoops has to understand while he may recruit in Big 10 land, he doesn't coach in the Big 10. The offensive struggles go directly to head man in charge. He was able to win that way the last two years because he had some NFL dudes on both sides of the ball to make plays, but without those NFL guys, especially on offense his offensive strategy doesn't work. The easy target is Eddie Gran, but I have a feeling Stoops handcuffs him and we have yet to see exactly what Gran wants his offense to be. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, LongTimeReader said:

Stoops has to understand while he may recruit in Big 10 land, he doesn't coach in the Big 10. The offensive struggles go directly to head man in charge. He was able to win that way the last two years because he had some NFL dudes on both sides of the ball to make plays, but without those NFL guys, especially on offense his offensive strategy doesn't work. The easy target is Eddie Gran, but I have a feeling Stoops handcuffs him and we have yet to see exactly what Gran wants his offense to be. 

Whatever the reason, the Cats are completely devoid of playmakers with the possible exception of Rodriguez IMO.

• Like 1

They've missed on QBs the last few years. In the Stoops Era there was Drew Barker (didn't pan out), Stephen Johnson (was recruited to be backup QB), and Terry Wilson (game manager). Just like the NFL, when you miss on QBs it can set you back. I don't think Joey Gatewood is the answer; I hope Beau Allen can be though. 

3 hours ago, John Anthony said:

There’s no Benny or Bowden to save UK from mental errors and poor coaching anymore.

3 hours ago, LongTimeReader said:

Good points on both of these!

4 hours ago, LongTimeReader said:

They've missed on QBs the last few years. In the Stoops Era there was Drew Barker (didn't pan out), Stephen Johnson (was recruited to be backup QB), and Terry Wilson (game manager). Just like the NFL, when you miss on QBs it can set you back. I don't think Joey Gatewood is the answer; I hope Beau Allen can be though. 

See that is the thing, I am not sure if they just missed on those QBs, or if the offensive coaching and scheme is the reason for poor QB play. Towles, Barker, Wilson, Gatewood were all talented QBs, who just never really looked good, or ever really got much better at UK. So for me I believe it is more the offensive coaching and scheme, that is why QBs don’t ever look good, and not that they just keep missing. 

Shoot even Tim Couch would have looked like a miss, if UK would have kept Bill Curry and the scheme they used Tim Couch’s freshman year. Coaching and the scheme someone uses does play a big role. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, futurecoach said:

See that is the thing, I am not sure if they just missed on those QBs, or if the offensive coaching and scheme is the reason for poor QB play. Towles, Barker, Wilson, Gatewood were all talented QBs, who just never really looked good, or ever really got much better at UK. So for me I believe it is more the offensive coaching and scheme, that is why QBs don’t ever look good, and not that they just keep missing. 

Shoot even Tim Couch would have looked like a miss, if UK would have kept Bill Curry and the scheme they used Tim Couch’s freshman year. Coaching and the scheme someone uses does play a big role. 

Easily could believe this too!!

Wilson and Gatewood are not passing QB’s. Kentucky will not win with them running the offense without a truly killer defense. They have missed open receivers that would have moved the offense and controlled the ball. That would open up a pretty good running game. 
I don’t believe it’s the coaching or scheme.