St. Xavier vs. Pleasure Ridge Park Predictions/Updates (Saturday 5pm)

Who wins?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• St. Xavier
    • Pleasure Ridge Park

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/24/2020 at 03:00 AM

#5 St. Xavier (2-2) hosts Pleasure Ridge Park (2-2) after defeating Butler 59-14. Pleasure Ridge Park is coming off a open week due to covid cancellation. Both have a common opponent of Bowling Green and Butler with St.X losing to Bowling Green 14-0 and PRP losing 24-6. Both handily beat Butler.

Pleasure Ridge Park is led by two of the best players statistically in 6A with QB Kayden Anderson who has thrown 818 yards and 11 touchdowns, and WR Derrik Gant who has 515 yards receiving and 199 yards rushing. He also leads 6A in scoring with a total of 11 touchdowns.

St. Xavier will test the Pleasure Ridge Park defense who gives up over 30 pts a game with WR Mekhi Smith who had 3 touchdowns against Butler.

Can Pleasure Ridge Park pull the upset? Can St.X keep Pleasure Ridge Park’s dynamic duo in check?

Last year:

St. X won 36-13

The Anderson kid is really talented.

He's 6-3 but only about 165-170 pounds but can throw it and has some weapons around him. PRP could score some points but can't stop St. X.

X wins 45-21

Let's just hope this and every game involving a JCPS school gets played since Jefferson County is now a red county.

• Like 3

I was really impressed with PRP when the Purples came to town this year (after getting smashed last year by BG 56-0).  They were very physical and had some real speed on the outside and returning kicks.  QB Anderson is also impressive, but in order to hang with St X you are going to have to be methodical in your offensive attack.  Not sure PRP can do that.  I see them making some plays, but St X defense very good at keeping things in front of them.

I also think St X should be able to score through the air.  PRP has some dudes to help them with the run, although won't shut St X down running.

In the end, I think PRP will need to capitalize on special teams (where X is historically good) and perhaps a Pick 6 to stay in the game IMO.

St X 28

PRP 14

• theguru changed the title to St. Xavier vs. Pleasure Ridge Park Predictions/Updates (Saturday 5pm)
  • mcpapa locked this topic