July 21, 20206 yr I was talking to my uncle the other day about how private school enrollment is going to look this fall. Will parents be willing to pay that top dollar for private school education if there is a chance that their children will be sitting at the kitchen table doing their work at some point during the school year? Will there be families that will send their kids to the local school district since it is tuition free even if they have always been in a private setting. For example, will a family living in Burlington be less likely to pay 15,000 dollars (IDK) to send their kids to St. Henry since the last two months of school last year were spent at home. Will they say "why don't we just send them to Conner or Camp Ernst?"
July 21, 20206 yr The folks I know that send their kids to private school are going to continue to do so.
July 21, 20206 yr There many reasons to send children to private schools. Money is just one consideration. For many parents, it is not the main reason.
July 21, 20206 yr The issue with leaving a private school because of home instruction would be getting back in when things return to "normal." Are people willing to risk that?
July 21, 20206 yr 2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said: The issue with leaving a private school because of home instruction would be getting back in when things return to "normal." Are people willing to risk that? This. I know many private schools, down here anyway, that have waiting lists.
July 21, 20206 yr 1 minute ago, swamprat said: This. I know many private schools, down here anyway, that have waiting lists. I've always been under the impression that most private schools have waiting lists... Don't really know why, I've just always thought that.
July 21, 20206 yr 2 hours ago, nkypete said: There many reasons to send children to private schools. Money is just one consideration. For many parents, it is not the main reason. I think money is the least of their concerns. Those that believe in the private school path will often do whatever it takes and sacrifice much to make sure they can cover the tuition. If money was the main consideration, there'd be very few private school. The bottom line is there are things private schools can offer that public schools simply cannot. If you value those things, you'll continue to send your kids to private school, even with in home learning.
July 21, 20206 yr The few families that have decided to pull their children from private education are opting for home schooling rather then enrolling in the public school system.
July 21, 20206 yr 12 minutes ago, Kentucky Windage said: The few families that have decided to pull their children from private education are opting for home schooling rather then enrolling in the public school system. That would make sense to me.
July 21, 20206 yr If I'm not mistaken, enrollment for incoming freshmen is down slightly this year in the Diocese of Covington compared to the last several years where it has been on the incline. To my knowledge, there's never been an actual waiting list for any of the Catholic high schools in northern Kentucky - and if there has been, it was previous to the last two or three decades.
July 21, 20206 yr Also, even with the technology fees and everything else, there isn't a school in the Diocese of Covington with a $15,000 tuition. In the Archdiocese of Louisville, that's a different story, but not in the Diocese of Covington.
July 21, 20206 yr 29 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said: Also, even with the technology fees and everything else, there isn't a school in the Diocese of Covington with a $15,000 tuition. In the Archdiocese of Louisville, that's a different story, but not in the Diocese of Covington. I'm thinking CCH is close to that figure.
July 21, 20206 yr 22 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said: I'm thinking CCH is close to that figure. Right around $10K for an incoming freshman. They also knock down by at least $1K for each additional student you have simultaneously attending Cov Cath.Covington Catholic Tuition & Assistance
July 21, 20206 yr Author 1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said: Also, even with the technology fees and everything else, there isn't a school in the Diocese of Covington with a $15,000 tuition. In the Archdiocese of Louisville, that's a different story, but not in the Diocese of Covington. I was just throwing a number out there that I thought was close. I thought Cov Cath was around that number.
July 22, 20206 yr 9 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said: Also, even with the technology fees and everything else, there isn't a school in the Diocese of Covington with a $15,000 tuition. In the Archdiocese of Louisville, that's a different story, but not in the Diocese of Covington. My grandson was going to St. Paul's K-9 in Belleair, FL. A little under $24,000 a year. My son-in-law pulled him out because for reasons not related to the current situation. Big Red is going to public school either online or in person this fall. I think Clearwater Central Catholic High is like $30,000. Admiral Farragut is close to $52,000 a year.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.