Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Private Schools

Featured Replies

17 minutes ago, swamprat said:

My grandson was going to St. Paul's K-9 in Belleair, FL. A little under $24,000 a year. My son-in-law pulled him out because for reasons not related to the current situation. Big Red is going to public school either online or in person this fall. 

I think Clearwater Central Catholic High is like $30,000. Admiral Farragut is close to $52,000 a year. 

Dang...that's pricey. I'm definitely glad the Diocese of Covington isn't that much.

23 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I've always been under the impression that most private schools have waiting lists... Don't really know why, I've just always thought that. 

It has to do with not having enough kids to justify another teacher salary. If have 30 kids in a grade but 5 kids on waiting list would need more to justify hiring another teacher.

From the Covington Holy Cross website:

 

Tuition Rates 2020/2021

 

In District Tuition 

1st Child - $7235.00    2nd Child - $6735.00    3rd Child - Fees only

 

Out of District Tuition 

1st Child - $7920.00    2nd Child - $7,420.00    3rd Child - Fees only

 

General Fees

Grades 9-11 $440.00      Senior Fees - $650.00

 

Academic Enhancement Fee

$105.00

9 hours ago, swamprat said:

My grandson was going to St. Paul's K-9 in Belleair, FL. A little under $24,000 a year. My son-in-law pulled him out because for reasons not related to the current situation. Big Red is going to public school either online or in person this fall. 

I think Clearwater Central Catholic High is like $30,000. Admiral Farragut is close to $52,000 a year. 

Wow, these numbers are crazy.

26 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Wow, these numbers are crazy.

That is.  I'm sure cost of living in the area is in those numbers, and I'm guessing facilities are very good.  Still it's impossible for me to justify that sort of investment for a high school education that's pretty readily available for zero cost.  But to each his own.

St.X tuition is about 15,000. 40% of school is on tuition assistance. 

29 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

That is.  I'm sure cost of living in the area is in those numbers, and I'm guessing facilities are very good.  Still it's impossible for me to justify that sort of investment for a high school education that's pretty readily available for zero cost.  But to each his own.

There's nothing you could show me about a school that would justify paying $100,000 or more for high school. 

33 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

There's nothing you could show me about a school that would justify paying $100,000 or more for high school. 

I'm right with you. I can't justify $5 or $10k per year.  Just too many good public options. My in laws offered to foot the bill for my kids to go to Cov Cath/ND, and I still chose to send my kids to public school.

6 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

That is.  I'm sure cost of living in the area is in those numbers, and I'm guessing facilities are very good.  Still it's impossible for me to justify that sort of investment for a high school education that's pretty readily available for zero cost.  But to each his own.

Admiral Farragut Academy is a world renowned college preparatory and military school that opened as an extension of the Academy in Pine Beach, NJ in 1945. The New Jersey campus closed in 1994. 90% of their students are boarded there at the school, many from other countries. It is more like a college than a high school. 

They have flying classes. As my grandson would say, "How dope is that?".

2 of their Alumni have walked on the Moon. Alan Shepard on Apollo 14, who was also America's first man in space,  and Charles Duke on Apollo 16. They have many other distinguished military Alum.  

1 Alum committed treason in WWII, too. 

 

17 hours ago, swamprat said:

My grandson was going to St. Paul's K-9 in Belleair, FL. A little under $24,000 a year. My son-in-law pulled him out because for reasons not related to the current situation. Big Red is going to public school either online or in person this fall. 

I think Clearwater Central Catholic High is like $30,000. Admiral Farragut is close to $52,000 a year. 

I was wrong about CCC. The Diocese of St. Petersburg covers Pinellas, Hillsborough, Pasco, Hernando, and Citrus Counties. Tuition and fees run from 15,000 to 20,000 a year depending on the school. The tuition and fees for a non-affiliated person to attend CCC is about 18,000.

St. Paul, where my grandson attended, is no longer a religious based school. I know their tuition to be fact. The Lord knows I heard is old man complain enough about it. ?

St.X announced going to have kids in school 2-3 days a week and do online the other days. Reducing amount of students there per day by 50%. All kids will have to wear masks and will be provided one by the school. Also will do temperature checks when entering in morning. This is also subject to change and have a plan for all online if needed.

On 7/22/2020 at 7:27 PM, Tigerpride94 said:

St.X announced going to have kids in school 2-3 days a week and do online the other days. Reducing amount of students there per day by 50%. All kids will have to wear masks and will be provided one by the school. Also will do temperature checks when entering in morning. This is also subject to change and have a plan for all online if needed.

I believe Trinity is doing something similar.  1/2 the kids on Monday, other half Tuesday, disinfect entire school Wed, 1/2 on Thur, other half on Fri and I assume disinfect over weekend.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.