Ryan Young is the new head coach at Nelson County

Coach took over Garrard when the coaching turnover was high, and the team was in a rebuild. The team gradually improved each year winning more games each season. If Sebastian doesn’t miss the majority of last season they could’ve potentially had a special season.

What does Nelson Co return for the new season. Any talent there to work with for Coach Young?

Bryce Riley will be a junior and was leading scorer last two seasons, Dayveon Livers also averaged double figures. Livers will be a senior.

Nelson County Schools alone have five elementary schools and two middle schools along with the addition of Thomas Nelson ten years or so, they now have to get out and "sell their program to the kids" as they have choices.

This isn't to mention Bardstown and Bethlehem High School in the city. The 5th region is an underrated region as they have two counties (Hardin and Nelson) that make up over half of the teams within the region. Outside of the 6th, 7th and 11th I assume that there isn't any other region can make that claim.

Nelson is a big school with a really nice gym but its also a hard sell when they haven't made it to a region final since 1993. Bardstown having so much recent success has helped them become the premier school for that area.

Nelson County Schools alone have five elementary schools and two middle schools along with the addition of Thomas Nelson ten years or so, they now have to get out and "sell their program to the kids" as they have choices.

This isn't to mention Bardstown and Bethlehem High School in the city. The 5th region is an underrated region as they have two counties (Hardin and Nelson) that make up over half of the teams within the region. Outside of the 6th, 7th and 11th I assume that there isn't any other region can make that claim.

Unless something changed in the last 3 years, Nelson County schools aren’t open enrollment. So you go to school in the district you live in. I’m not saying people don’t move for a specific school. Or use addresses in a certain district. It definitely happens. But that’s the limitation. I can’t live near Bardstown or Thomas Nelson, and choose to go to Nelson County.

9th region is only 3 counties total. 14 of 19 teams come from Kenton and Boone County.

Unless something changed in the last 3 years, Nelson County schools aren’t open enrollment. So you go to school in the district you live in. I’m not saying people don’t move for a specific school. Or use addresses in a certain district. It definitely happens. But that’s the limitation. I can’t live near Bardstown or Thomas Nelson, and choose to go to Nelson County.

I don't think that's totally how it works. Bardstown's school district lies within Nelson County and TNHS districts. An incoming freshman living within the Bardstown district and also within TNHS district could choose TNHS if they wanted.

I don't think that's totally how it works. Bardstown's school district lies within Nelson County and TNHS districts. An incoming freshman living within the Bardstown district and also within TNHS district could choose TNHS if they wanted.

Hence the “unless something changed” part of my post. I know that 6 years ago, it was that way.