Will there be high school football this fall?

Tkinslow

5 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

JCPS will make decision on August 18th regarding fall sports. I’m leaning that they don’t play. Seems they may want to get out ahead of KHSAA meeting on 20th. 

If they decide not to play, I wonder what the private school schedules look like. 

29 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

If they decide not to play, I wonder what the private school schedules look like. 

DeSales will be good. St.X would be in scramble mode. Be district champs by default. Publics may just delay start and play what’s left on schedule. I’m hoping they come up with a reasonable plan to play.

31 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

If they decide not to play, I have this huge, gut feeling there will be a makeshift 6A district of Trinity, St. X & Bullitt East.  They all play in a 6A district where they are the only non-JCPS school.  Also hard to imagine schools like Male and Manual not playing, while Trinity and St. X do.  That will be tough for some to swallow.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Breaking News: Masks work. Wear them. 

This is true.  My son broke thru 4 tackles today in workouts due to the masks.  Those pieces of porous fabric are game changers.  Invincible!

15 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Not a good sign today after 3 really good days. It jumped from 323 yesterday back up more than doubled to 700 toady plus the positivity rate ticked up as well. I sure hope it stats down tomorrow.

Yes, we need a low number today to offset the 700. It seems like the Tuesday number is often high, perhaps due to catching up from the weekend. Let's hope that is the case here. Nationwide, the new case numbers are dropping a lot.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Yes, we need a low number today to offset the 700. It seems like the Tuesday number is often high, perhaps due to catching up from the weekend. Let's hope that is the case here. Nationwide, the new case numbers are dropping a lot.

That was my first thought as well, numbers from the weekend. 

28 minutes ago, LongTimeReader said:

If JCPS decides not to play fall sports how does that effect them financially? I would imagine that would be a significant hit to their budget. 

Depending on the number of spectators that are allowed to attend, it might actually save them money.

50 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I saw USC commit QB transferring from California to school in Georgia because California not playing in fall. If some districts play and others don’t will see transfers locally.

Do you know what school in Georgia? I have a good friend who is coaching now in Georgia.

On 8/3/2020 at 10:28 PM, futurecoach said:

Anyone? Someone posted teams were allowed to use football since the end of June, is that true? I thought schools were still not allowed to use footballs until August 24th?

Yes we’ve been able to legally use a ball since sometime in June/early July. It was in an email that went out to the ADs. Football was even specifically mentioned on how you could use a ball. 

• Thanks 2