Dwayne Wade skipping son's game

sweet16

"Like many basketball parents around the world, Dwyane Wade isn't happy about his child's playing time. But the former NBA star has a major platform to express his frustration.

On Tuesday's edition of "Inside the NBA" on TNT, the Miami Heat legend said he would not attend Saturday's state title game between Sierra Canyon and the winner of Thursday's matchup between Sheldon High School (Sacramento) and Bishop O'Dowd (Oakland) in California's open division."

Frustrated Dwyane Wade skipping son's title game

I would think he would want to be there to support his son no matter what role he plays on the team.

I want to like and enjoy the NBA but the players/powers that be make it tough.

Shut your pie hole Dwayne and go to your son's game.

This has been D-Wade for as long as I can remember.

I am not a parent, so I may come across as ill-informed and ignorant with my statement.

I think he and LeBron are playing a dangerous game with their children. Both D-Wade and LeBron are media darlings, superstar athletes, mega-personalities, and by default reality show icons. I understand it is hard to keep their children out of the spotlight because of this; however, they are both making a concerted effort to make their kids into reality stars, a la Kardashians.

How embarrassing for his son. What a lost opportunity for Dwayne to teach his son.

How about teaching your son to respect his coaches, support his team mates, and work harder to earn that spot? Disappointment is a big part of sports and in life. Teach your son how to handle it like a man, not a prima donna.

Go to the game and teach your son you support him no matter what.

This has been D-Wade for as long as I can remember.

I am not a parent, so I may come across as ill-informed and ignorant with my statement.

I think he and LeBron are playing a dangerous game with their children. Both D-Wade and LeBron are media darlings, superstar athletes, mega-personalities, and by default reality show icons. I understand it is hard to keep their children out of the spotlight because of this; however, they are both making a concerted effort to make their kids into reality stars, a la Kardashians.

You’ll have to explain to me exactly what LeBron is doing with his kids. What concerted efforts are being made on his part with his kids? I can see it about D-Wade(and I have no issues with anything he is doing) but I don’t see it with LeBron.

How embarrassing for his son. What a lost opportunity for Dwayne to teach his son.

How about teaching your son to respect his coaches, support his team mates, and work harder to earn that spot? Disappointment is a big part of sports and in life. Teach your son how to handle it like a man, not a prima donna.

Go to the game and teach your son you support him no matter what.

He can teach his son all of those things and still choose not to go to the game. His son is 17-18 years old. He’ll figure it out.

I want to like and enjoy the NBA but the players/powers that be make it tough.

Shut your pie hole Dwayne and go to your son's game.

He’s retired. He doesn’t play anymore. Don’t blame your disgust of the NBA on him. He doesn’t matter to the NBA anymore. He’s just another talking head.

He’s retired. He doesn’t play anymore. Don’t blame your disgust of the NBA on him. He doesn’t matter to the NBA anymore. He’s just another talking head.

I have him in the powers that be category but to your point I won't let him keep me away.