Open Job: Franklin-Simpson

FSfan

My brother just told me that he heard from his son (who is a former player) that Coach Doug Preston has resigned his position as head coach at Franklin-Simpson. I’m hoping it is just a rumor but that is all I know at this time.

Yes this is true. I have resigned at Franklin-Simpson. I had only shared this with a select few this morning upon my resignation and was hoping those folks would keep it off the boards until i was able to meet with my kids. Oh well. Social media at it's finest.

Coach, it was a pleasure seeing your teams up close. Best of luck wherever you end up and congratulations on an amazing tenure at F-S.

Yes this is true. I have resigned at Franklin-Simpson. I had only shared this with a select few this morning upon my resignation and was hoping those folks would keep it off the boards until i was able to meet with my kids. Oh well. Social media at it's finest.

Oh man. I am so sorry Coach Preston. Usually by the time I hear something it is already common knowledge in town. I assumed I was one of the last to hear it and I put it on here under that assumption. I shouldn’t have done that. Please accept my apologies.

You will be a hard act to follow. I have enjoyed watching your teams these last few years. You have brought the FS program back to the success and prominence it had when I was a kid. I wish you all the best in the future.

I thought they might promote Max Chaney back when Coach Schlosser resigned. I am thinking that may happen now but I haven’t heard anything. That would seem to be the most seamless transition FS could have.

Offensive Coordinator the last several years and runs their in school strength/conditioning program during the school day.

He completely would be. I have a feeling this one being open is nothing more than following protocol.

• 3 weeks later...