Kentucky 78 Louisville 70 (OT)

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cats definitely showed some grit and athleticism yesterday. Cal did the best thing he could do as a coach in just letting his kids play and just did his usual screaming and ranting. The technical foul he picked up late was in a crucial situation and definitely not needed. His players bailed him out once again.

Cats definitely showed some grit and athleticism yesterday. Cal did the best thing he could do as a coach in just letting his kids play and just did his usual screaming and ranting. The technical foul he picked up late was in a crucial situation and definitely not needed. His players bailed him out once again.

I know that's as close as you can get to a positive post about the Wildcats, so we gotta take it I guess.

When the Cats lose, it's all Cal's fault. When the Cats win, Cal got bailed out. I'd say its comical at this point but tired is more accurate.

I know that's as close as you can get to a positive post about the Wildcats, so we gotta take it I guess.

When the Cats lose, it's all Cal's fault. When the Cats win, Cal got bailed out. I'd say its comical at this point but tired is more accurate.

What was your take on the timing and game situation with the technical?

Gotta disagree with you here. A coaching technical, is the one thing he has 100% control over.

Chris Mack asked about Kentucky's late execution: "I want to say this in a respectful way: They don't run a whole lot."

?

I would have to in a respectful way disagree with Coach Mack. That was an offensive set when Richards came off a set screen. Also to be honest I never saw Louisville run anything at all the last 2 minutes and the out of bounds play after Mack’s timeout was not a good call in my opinion.

Edited by 16thBBall Fan

What was your take on the timing and game situation with the technical?

It was unfortunate. I personally think the coaching box and coaching box technical is a joke to begin with.

But like I said, the story is the same for some, when Kentucky loses it is because Calipari got outcoached or isn't a good coach. When Kentucky gets a great win, which yesterday was, it is in spite of Calipari and his players bailed him out.

Some can never give credit where it's due, not sure why that's in their nature, but it is what it is.

Gotta disagree with you here. A coaching technical, is the one thing he has 100% control over.

What are you disagreeing with JA? I didn't say anything about his technical.

But, since we are talking about it, the technical was certainly not ideal. I'm willing to give Calipari the leeway to get that technical on occasion when he is doing everything he can to coach his young team (and I don't care much for the coaching box to begin with. Coaches are constantly out of it). It cost them one point and didn't cost them the game.

Chris Mack asked about Kentucky's late execution: "I want to say this in a respectful way: They don't run a whole lot."

?

Chris Mack isn't wrong. Kentucky doesn't often run a lot of set plays, especially early in the season. They run a lot more motion and a dribble drive offense. When you're coaching younger teams, you can only have them grasp so much. That's not an excuse, that's just a reality.

He's had just as much, if not more success than anyone in the NCAA during his tenure at Kentucky. I'd say he knows what he's doing, others on here won't.

I would have to in a respectful way disagree with Coach Mack. That was an offensive set when Richards came off a set screen. Also to be honest I never saw Louisville run anything at all the last 2 minutes and the out of bounds play after Mack’s timeout was not a good call in my opinion.

They don't run set plays, but 16thBBall isn't wrong. They run motions which gets players in the right spots to make plays. Happened several times down the stretch and in OT, but be careful giving Calipari credit for that.

It was unfortunate. I personally think the coaching box and coaching box technical is a joke to begin with.

But like I said, the story is the same for some, when Kentucky loses it is because Calipari got outcoached or isn't a good coach. When Kentucky gets a great win, which yesterday was, it is in spite of Calipari and his players bailed him out.

Some can never give credit where it's due, not sure why that's in their nature, but it is what it is.

I agree with this 100% . Refs pick and choose when to enforce this rule and to enforce it at that time when he wasn't even yelling at the refs seemed like a joke.